4 posts
Page 1 of 1
All seems fine, blue sync light and after instaling legacy windows firewire driver (STlab IEEE 1394a) also the universal control seems ok, but it emits no sound. When I play a song in a winamp player (MP3, Flac,..) the player don't play anything, no sound. Also Ableton 9.7.1 not working. It freezes. I tried all drivers from 1.7 to 1.7.4. All is the same problem. Windows are updated with last updates. I instaled the drivers with all precautions provided on forums and knowledge base, but now I am desperate. I bought this Notebook second hand because it has the express card slot, and It was not cheap. It's a mobile workstation from 2012. Please help me.
Best regards,
Jani

FUJITSU CELSIUS H710
2,40 Intel Core i7-2760QM
8 GB RAM
TOSHIBA THNSFC128GBSJ 128 GB SSD
NVIDIA Quadro 1000M
PreSonus FireStudio Project
STlab IEEE 1394a Expresscard
Alesis Photon 25 USB/MIDI Keyboard Controller
Windows® 7 Professional 64-bit
by janitoplak on Sat Mar 11, 2017 9:28 am
The OS is windows 7 64bit

FUJITSU CELSIUS H710
8 GB RAM
NVIDIA Quadro 1000M
by cristofechabot on Sat Mar 11, 2017 1:23 pm
Your express card is on Presonus' approved list so that should not be a problem....that is if the card and slot are working properly. Have you tried connecting other devices? Or, have you tried another firewire cable? Also the FS may not automatically act as you default sound card. You may need to select it in either pc audio settings or in the apps you're trying to use it with. Of course, if Abelton is freezing and crashing you can't do that in Live. I would suggest you download the free Presonus Studio One Prime and test the Firestudio with that. If it is still not working the problem may be the Firestudio itself. If you bought it new it's still under warranty. If you bought it used Presonus can refurb it for a one time fee which also buys you a year of warranty coverage.

If you have not already done so, please open a support ticket and read the manual.

That being said we can help you better now and in the future with a bit more info......if you will post your system specs in your signature, (see my sig), we will be better able to troubleshoot your problems.
by janitoplak on Sun Mar 12, 2017 4:20 am
Thank you very much for your reply. I also posted a support ticket and will try to explain further my situation. I play in a electro instrumental band so I need a card with many outputs to send click track to a drummer and ect. I am using the same card without problems on a desktop I5 sandy bridge with the same STlabs expresscard throuhgt a expresscard to pci express adapter for desktops. So the card is operational tested yesterday on the same desktop. The firewarecable is also fine and tested. I also deactivated the onboard realtek soundcard on the notebook. I think that is a problem with drivers but as you said, I didn't perform a test with some other firewire hardware because I don't have any but I will try to borrow from someone a different soundcard. I will follow your advice and test further with Studio One. I can send also the Belarc profile or System info so you can see my system specs.

FUJITSU CELSIUS H710
8 GB RAM
NVIDIA Quadro 1000M

4 posts
Page 1 of 1