4 posts
Page 1 of 1
Just picked up a 2nd FSP. Hooked them both up on my XP machine running SONAR 8. They both have solid blue lights. I've been dicking with the settings even with just one unit and keep getting even numbers only of input selections in SONAR. I'm getting severly bummed! Thought I would have 16 input channels for recording drums. Any ideas?? Is it the units? Is it SONAR 8? HELP!!!!

Intel Core 2 Duo processor running at 2.13 GHz on a 1,066 MHz front side bus. The machine comes with 2GB of DDR2-667MHz (Dual Channel) custom-built RAM, a 18X dual-layer DVD-/+RW and two separate 7200RPM hard drives providing a total of 570GB of storage. The hard drives [250GB and 320GB] also have 16MB cache for fast throughput and high track counts. SONAR 8 Producer Series, Alesis Monitor Ones. That's most of it.
by cristofe on Wed Jan 25, 2017 1:43 pm
It's odd that you have only odd channels showing up in Sonar. Sounds like it's seeing just one of the FSP's.

I've been dicking with the settings even with just one unit and keep getting even numbers only of input selections in SONAR. I'm getting severly bummed!

Do you get that same result with BOTH units? That doesn't sound right either.

I know with Firepod's it was best to have the one with the lowest serial# first in the chain. Have you tried switching them? If that does not work, I would suggest you download the free Studio One Prime and try them with that so you can determine if the problem lies with Sonar.

That being said we can help you better now and in the future with a bit more info......if you will post your system specs in your signature, (see my sig), we will be better able to troubleshoot your problems. Without knowing what type of pc you're running, what OS you're using, what DAW etc....we often can't recommend a "simple fix"

https://soundcloud.com/cristofe-chabot/sets/main

PC'S: HP XW6000 Dual 3.2GHz Intel Xeon, 8GB RAM WinXP SP2 HP 6005 Pro AMD Athalon X2 B24 3.0Ghz, 4GB RAM Win8 Pro Dell Latitude E6410 Laptop Intel i5 2.67Ghz 8GB RAM Win7 Pro x64 Audio Interfaces: Terratec EWS88MT PCI (2), Audiobox 1818VSL USB & Firestudio 26x26 Firewire, Line 6 PodXT, Roland GS-10, NI Rig Kontrol 3

Monitors: Yamaha HS50M's DAW: S1 3.2.1 Pro

To add your software and hardware specs to your signature to make it easier for us to help you, click HERE.
by [email protected] on Thu Feb 16, 2017 6:03 pm
I made sure both FireStudio Projects were synced separately/idividually before syncing them both. Now I have both units showing two sets of odd channels only! As much as I hate the thought of spending a bunch of money, I may end up buying a new PC and Software upgrade to SONAR Platinum. I'd upgrade just the software but my machine is 32 bit and most DAWS are for 64 bit I believe. Dam! If I knew I would have this much trouble, I would have saved the money buying a 2nd FireStudio. I'm not done messing with what I have yet! There's got to be a work around! Thanks for your advice! Much appreciated!

Intel Core 2 Duo processor running at 2.13 GHz on a 1,066 MHz front side bus. The machine comes with 2GB of DDR2-667MHz (Dual Channel) custom-built RAM, a 18X dual-layer DVD-/+RW and two separate 7200RPM hard drives providing a total of 570GB of storage. The hard drives [250GB and 320GB] also have 16MB cache for fast throughput and high track counts. SONAR 8 Producer Series, Alesis Monitor Ones. That's most of it.
by cristofe on Fri Feb 17, 2017 12:42 am
Well, you can download Studio One Prime for free and test the FSMs on it to make sure the problem is with Sonar. It will run on your 32-bit machine.

https://shop.presonus.com/products/studio-one-prods/Studio-One-3-Prime

You might also want to post your issue on the Cakewalk forums. Maybe somebody over there
can get you sorted out. :mrgreen:

https://soundcloud.com/cristofe-chabot/sets/main

PC'S: HP XW6000 Dual 3.2GHz Intel Xeon, 8GB RAM WinXP SP2 HP 6005 Pro AMD Athalon X2 B24 3.0Ghz, 4GB RAM Win8 Pro Dell Latitude E6410 Laptop Intel i5 2.67Ghz 8GB RAM Win7 Pro x64 Audio Interfaces: Terratec EWS88MT PCI (2), Audiobox 1818VSL USB & Firestudio 26x26 Firewire, Line 6 PodXT, Roland GS-10, NI Rig Kontrol 3

Monitors: Yamaha HS50M's DAW: S1 3.2.1 Pro

To add your software and hardware specs to your signature to make it easier for us to help you, click HERE.

4 posts
Page 1 of 1