5 posts
Page 1 of 1
I a a newbie to the forum but longtime Presonus products user. I need a bit of guidance. I am pretty sure my FP10 will not work with Virtual Studiolive. Will my Presonus Firestudio Project work with Virtual Studiolive? Thanks in advance for any help you folks on the forum can provide to me.
by matthewgorman on Fri Aug 19, 2016 10:42 am
Neither will. That app is for the mixers.

Matt

Lenovo ThinkServer TS140 Win 10 64bit, 8GB RAM, Intel Xeon
Lenovo Thinkpad E520, Windows 7 64bit, 8 GB RAM, Intel i5 Processor

S1Pro V5
by kayak10 on Fri Aug 19, 2016 12:32 pm
Thanks for the input. Virtual StudioLive does work with the Audiobox 1818VSL interface and a few of the other Presonus interfaces i think. Was just hoping i could use it with my Firestudio project....
by matthewgorman on Fri Aug 19, 2016 12:37 pm
That version of VSL was for parts of the AudioBox line. Same concept, different software. VSL for the AB provided for effects processing for monitoring purposes, but the processing was done on the computer side.

The mixers have effects processing on board, so that vsl was for control of that only. That is the current state where we are. The mixers, and now the Studio 192, have processing in the unit itself. No other interfaces in the Presonus line have the ability to process onboard effects.

If you are looking for control over mix levels and cue mixes for daw use, you may want to look at the Studio One remote for that.

Matt

Lenovo ThinkServer TS140 Win 10 64bit, 8GB RAM, Intel Xeon
Lenovo Thinkpad E520, Windows 7 64bit, 8 GB RAM, Intel i5 Processor

S1Pro V5
by kayak10 on Fri Aug 19, 2016 1:24 pm
Matt,
Thanks very much i will try that out. My goal is to be able to live mix with the Firestudio Project and my Macbook for a small combo group (about 7 mic inputs)
Thanks again.

Kevin

5 posts
Page 1 of 1