11 posts
Page 1 of 1
All the meter lights are on the first green level of each meter and there is a humming noise. Help!
Last edited by mwright137 on Thu Aug 21, 2014 5:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Moved to FireStudio Project forum.
by Skip Jones on Wed Aug 20, 2014 11:45 pm
Hard to tell without you posting your specs. Are you using balanced or unbalanced speaker connectors? If you are not sure look at your connectors. Balanced has a tip/ring/sleeve and unbalanced just has tip /ring. Are you recording guitar? Touching the pickups will amp up the noise if using tip/ring.

Skip

Please add your specs to your SIGNATURE.
Search the STUDIO ONE 4 ONLINE MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

Windows 10 X 64 : AMD Phenom II X 4 945, ATI Radeon 5450 / 512 RAM - 8GB RAM / 1T SATA, Mac Mini (Late 2014), Faderport and Faderport 8, Yamaha S-08 Synth, Fishman TriplePlay Guitar MIDI, Logidy Controller, assorted PreSonus Gear
by dartheyeball on Thu Aug 21, 2014 10:12 am
they're balanced. This problem just started happening after about 3 yearsi unplug the firewire speakers and anything else plugged in and it still does it
by tonytmusic on Fri Aug 22, 2014 9:42 am
Have you changed anything recently? Almost sounds like a grounding issue. Is it across all your channels whether you have something plugged in or not?

ASUS ROG G752 w Thunderbolt 3
Studio One Pro 3.2 & iPad remote
Firestudio Project (2)
iTwo
Eris E5s & Samson Resolv 120A
Samson s-phone headphone amp
-modular set up-
by dartheyeball on Fri Aug 22, 2014 9:52 am
I haven't changed anything. Yes it is across all channels whether anything plugged in or not.
by tonytmusic on Fri Aug 22, 2014 12:43 pm
I think it's time to send it in for repair. It could be a loose solder joint on the circuit board that could be grounding something out. 3 years seems like a short time, except for electronics. :/

ASUS ROG G752 w Thunderbolt 3
Studio One Pro 3.2 & iPad remote
Firestudio Project (2)
iTwo
Eris E5s & Samson Resolv 120A
Samson s-phone headphone amp
-modular set up-
by SPS on Fri Aug 22, 2014 12:58 pm
Somewhere in the old forum there was an issue with a Elco in the powersupply .
You could search on that!

Edit: Found it!

http://forumsarchive.presonus.com/posts/list/19976.page

Studio-live 16-4-2, Firestudio Project, Win-7 laptop with Firewire expresscard, Studio one producer, EV PA system, Sennheiser wireless headsets etc.
by dartheyeball on Fri Aug 22, 2014 2:35 pm
Awesome. I'm gonna have a friend check it out. He's good with this kinda stuff. Thanks so much!
by dartheyeball on Fri Aug 22, 2014 3:16 pm
I opened it up and looks like this cap is the one that needs to be replaced

Attachments
photo.JPG
photo.JPG (37.33 KiB) Viewed 7686 times
by SPS on Sun Aug 24, 2014 11:23 am
Share us the results please? :P

Studio-live 16-4-2, Firestudio Project, Win-7 laptop with Firewire expresscard, Studio one producer, EV PA system, Sennheiser wireless headsets etc.
by SPS on Mon Nov 17, 2014 5:15 pm
any results???

11 posts
Page 1 of 1