4 posts
Page 1 of 1
HI, I have a Firestudio Project that's about three years old. A week ago, I went to turn it on, and nothing. Checked the fuse, all good. Just no power at all. Seeing that it's out of warranty and I have reasonable electronics skills, I opened up my unit and have determined the power supply board (or a component on that board) has failed. (see attached image).

400-X20PSAC (E) 800x600.jpg
Presonus Firestudio Project power supply board

So, I did the right thing and sent off an email enquiry to support at Presonus requesting a price to purchase a complete power supply board to replace my defective one.

It's been five days now, and I have not had any response at all. Nothing. Is this standard?

Without a power supply, it's obviously useless. Without after sales product support, I'm asking myself....do I really want to purchase any more Presonus products?

My other query is, does anyone know what the power supply requirements for the main PCB are? If I have to substitute the defective power supply board with a non genuine power supply, what are the requirements/specifications at the two white plastic sockets?

I've seen this power supply issue quite a bit on the web, so I know I'm not alone. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!! (even from Presonus support If they feel like it!)
by johnsheehan on Mon Dec 14, 2015 7:50 pm
Hi all,

Just an update....

If you live in Australia, DO NOT even consider trying to contact US tech support. They wont respond.

However, the Australian distributor at linkaudio.com.au is brilliant. Sorted my problem in a flash.

Thanks Chris.
by cookeharvey on Sat Feb 13, 2016 7:58 am
I had a similar situation 2 years ago.Bottom line I did get in touch with service, got an RA#, sent it in,$85 to fix it, had to follow up a couple of times but it has been working ever since, hang in there.
by johnsheehan on Sun Feb 14, 2016 8:48 pm
The only Australian dealer Link Audio ( linkaudio.com.au/) sent me a new board for under $35.00 AUD, I installed it, and it runs perfect! Easy as that.

4 posts
Page 1 of 1