8 posts
Page 1 of 1
Every now and again, my Firestudio Project does this when I turn on the power after sitting idle for awhile....

Rapid blinking red light and pulsing sound sent to the monitors.

I do the whole on/off/on/off again thing but it does nothing different. Then, for some reason, I wait a minute power it on and it's fine.

What gives?
by matthewgorman on Thu Aug 13, 2015 11:30 am
Red light means there is no sync between the FSP and computer. Something is happening on the firewire bus, either power save feature or something like that, so that is causing the FSP to lose sync.

Matt

Lenovo ThinkServer TS140 Win 10 64bit, 8GB RAM, Intel Xeon
Lenovo Thinkpad E520, Windows 7 64bit, 8 GB RAM, Intel i5 Processor

S1Pro V5
by pfliegaphonic on Thu Aug 13, 2015 10:50 pm
I know that a red light means no sync, but this is not a simple steady red light. It's like

click-click-click-click-click........ (keep going) at like 20 clicks per second.

could that still be what your'e saying... firewire bus?
by phub03 on Fri Nov 13, 2015 11:59 am
I agree. I don't think it has anything to do with the firewire bus. Seems like a fuse or some sort of power issue. This started with me about 3 months ago and now if I shut it off it will continue this rapidly blinking red light thing and it won't stop. It's not worth getting fixed at this point and I'm moving on. Sorry man but it sounds like you'll end up where I did. I just left my on for months and never shut it off ;-).
by pfliegaphonic on Sun Jan 10, 2016 5:49 pm
Well after about a year or more of not having this problem, it's back. I went on vacation, powered down the FSPro completely and now it gives me the blinking red light syndrome again.

What the hell?
by pfliegaphonic on Sun Jan 10, 2016 5:51 pm
apparently turning it on and off and on and off again about a dozen or so random times.... it works.

Feh
by onewayrecords916 on Tue Mar 08, 2016 10:34 am
I have this same exact problem, if any body has a fix for this let me know!

Windows 7 64
Intel i7
32gb ram

Cubase 7.5
by matthewgorman on Tue Mar 08, 2016 1:59 pm
Open a support ticket. There is a flat bench fee around $100 usd (if not in US, go through your distributor for options and pricing). User pays shipping to Presonus, plus bench fee. Return freight is covered, and a fresh 12 month warranty. Its been a while since I used it, so price may have changed, but I believe its still in that area.

Matt

Lenovo ThinkServer TS140 Win 10 64bit, 8GB RAM, Intel Xeon
Lenovo Thinkpad E520, Windows 7 64bit, 8 GB RAM, Intel i5 Processor

S1Pro V5

8 posts
Page 1 of 1