5 posts
Page 1 of 1
Hey all,

I have a firestudio project in my home studio setup.

While I do record music with it, sometimes I am doing other things in this room, without the computer on.
I want to monitor the input from a radio to my monitors. I see the signal input on the meters, however the signal does not get output to my monitors.

I could do this before on my firepod with the mixer knob from input to computer, but I can't seem to figure out how to do this on the firestudio.

Thanks.
by vaikl on Sat Jul 25, 2015 5:21 pm
Outputs 1&2 (main outs) are routed through your computer/DAW by standard, so going offline will make it dead. Try to setup another output pair directly with your monitors in the UniversalControl app. Because the latest config change in UC will be saved to NVRAM on the FSP, you could then go offline and use this setup.
by flipotto on Sat Aug 29, 2015 7:46 am
Hey - after I changed the settings in Universal Control - I get output from inputs on Main outs!
Thanks.
It remembers when I turn off computer as well.
I will need to change this when I record and want output monitoring, but that is easy.
Thanks! :thumbup:
by Palaios on Mon Sep 07, 2015 4:14 am
not so common usage but fsp can act as mixer even without computer.. limited but can

I´m working on it: mbp -12, 16Gb + 2x FSP
by robirdman on Wed Feb 07, 2024 3:50 am
I have lost the ability to record radio streamed from the computer into a FSP. I have 3 of these and had a problem and had to disconnect and reconnect all, according to the method and order in the manual. But now I can't remember how I had it routed and though I can hear the radio in a FSP with headphones, it doesn't show any activity in the Universal Monitors. How is this supposed to be set? I am using Cubase.

5 posts
Page 1 of 1