4 posts
Page 1 of 1
Hi there all,
Hoping someone can give me some advice!
I have a Firestudio Project 10x10 that I bought in around 2012, and have recently upgraded to a new iMac.
Ever since I have had issues with Yosemite. When I install an older version of VST it does not open, but when I install the newer download version off the Presonus website it does not seem to communicate with my older model presonus firestudio. The light stays solid red.

If someone has any idea on what I could do, or is my older hardware not compatible?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
-Pat
by mikev4 on Sun Jul 19, 2015 3:45 pm
Hey Pat,
I have the same issue. I just got the new 15 in macbook pro and running through a firewire 800 to 400 bilingual cable into a thunderbolt converter. The light turned blue initially but the interface did not appear under sound in system preferences and I realized I forgot to install universal control with the drivers. I installed the newest version (1.7.2 supposedly compatible with Yosemite) and now the light is a solid red for me as well. Please let me know if you figure it out anytime soon because this has been an awful headache. Best of luck and any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Mike
by mikev4 on Sat Aug 01, 2015 12:28 pm
http://presonus.zendesk.com/entries/629 ... ve-classic

Emailed tech support and this worked for me. Hope it does for you as well

Mike
by vaikl on Sun Aug 02, 2015 4:52 pm
Thx Mike for the head -up!

Seems like this is a general solution for Firewire-related problems with older devices. Same procedure is working for the t.c.electronics PowerCore unit (DSP via Firewire). :thumbup:

4 posts
Page 1 of 1