13 posts
Page 1 of 1
Hi,
my name is Ludovic, I ask for your help because I have to solve a problem with my new set of Presonus Firestudio Project Interfaces. (2 pieces for 16 analog tracks recording)
I precise I do work on a 27’’ Imac with I5 and 32GO ram, 3TO Fusion Drive.

Everything went ok installing STUDIO ONE & UNIVERSAL CONTROL. (Even if I had to uninstall U.C. DVD version which was faulty in order to download an updated version which seems ok.)

My problem is that I have no stereo signal. I mean, when a signal is centered, I have both speakers working, but when I try to pan it Left or Right, I just lose some level/power, but the signal remains centered. Anything I try to do in Studio One or UNIVERSAL CONTROL just changes nothing to that. I did spend a lot of time checking routings, trying different things, but it never worked, my signal dwells sticked to the center…

Checking the U.C manual, it is written that signal from master outs L/R was also present in ouputs DAW1/2 by default. I precise I actually have no signal coming out from DAW1/2 outs.

Browsing the web to find a solution, I then realized that many many people using UNIVERSAL CONTROL encountered the same problem, be it with STUDIO ONE, PROTOOLS, CAKEWALK, CUBASE, LOGIC AUDIO or other softs like REAPER…
I came to the conclusion that the thing to fix was not into the audio soft, but rather into the UNIVERSAL CONTROL routing.

Having a record to produce very soon, I ask for your help, especially as a dealer with customers to inform.

Thanks for helping,

Ludovic

Studio One Professional / Studiolive 32 III / Imac 27" I5 / Yosemite 10.10.3 / 3TO Fusion Drive / 32 GO Ram / Firestudio Project x 2
by tournier1 on Sat Jun 27, 2015 5:15 pm
Hi again.
Just installed Studio One 3 to see if things would go on better.
But this wasn't successful.
Explored a little bit more and did some testings, tried to use the internal Imac sound card and stereo works fine that way.
This makes me quite certain my stereo problem comes from the UNIVERSAL CONTROL settings or drivers...
Maybe this piece of news helps...
Regards.
Ludovic

Studio One Professional / Studiolive 32 III / Imac 27" I5 / Yosemite 10.10.3 / 3TO Fusion Drive / 32 GO Ram / Firestudio Project x 2
by mwright137 on Sat Jun 27, 2015 11:33 pm
How exactly are your outputs connected?

I am Sir Melvis Bacon, Knight of BaconHam Palace.

Studio One 2 Pro 3.3.x (64 bit). MacBook Pro 13". OS X Sierra version 10.12.3.
RM16AI and CS18AI connected in Stagebox mode via MOTU AVB Switch.
StudioLive 328AI (x2); AudioBox 22 VSL; BlueTube DP V2; FaderPort; Monitor Station; RC 500; Temblor T10.

To add your software and hardware specs to your signature to make it easier for us to help you, click HERE.

My Website
by tournier1 on Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:49 am
My outputs come out from Master L & R back of the Firestudio Project. Tried DAW 1/2 : no sound. In Studio One my outputs go thru 1/2 also. Did create in advance a new bus on DAW 3/4 for future headphones cue mix. But just created it, did not use it yet... When I move to the Imac onboard soundcard and play a mix in Studio One, stereo is ok...

by mwright137 on Sun Jun 28, 2015 12:01 pm
Do you have outputs 1 and 2 panned hard left and right in VSL?

StudioLive 328AI (x2); AudioBox 22 VSL; BlueTube DP V2; FaderPort; Monitor Station; RC 500; Temblor T10.

To add your software and hardware specs to your signature to make it easier for us to help you, click HERE.

My Website
by tournier1 on Sun Jun 28, 2015 2:41 pm
Yes panned hard in UNIVERSAL CONTROL on the outing channels, but I do not understand what you call VSL...if it's something else... Thank you for helping...

by mwright137 on Sun Jun 28, 2015 8:06 pm
Sorry - brain fart. I read all forums and thought I was in the VSL forum. My bad.

My Website
by tournier1 on Sun Jun 28, 2015 10:45 pm
Sorry. I am French and do not understand. Are you kidding ?

by klypeman on Mon Jun 29, 2015 3:20 am
When you are in the UC have you checked that the little blue dot on mixer 1/2 has light ?
Also your Daw 1 and Daw 2 should be linked, that you can do by making shure that the little link sign is lighted (11/12) also be shure that you have not by accident muted the daw's m into orange.
Last thing, have you, in you daw, switched to the projects as soundcards ?
Hope that it helps.

Forum Moderator.
Please add your specs to your SIGNATURE.
Search the STUDIO ONE 6 ONLINE MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

AMD Ryzen 7 3800X 8-Core 3.90 GHz Windows 10 64bit Home, MacBook Pro + Mini Big Sur, SO 5.5 Pro, SO 6.1.1 Pro, LUNA, Cubase 10.5 Pro, SLIII32, 24.4.2, 16.0.2 FW, Quantum 2626, Faderport 8, FaderPort 16, Atom, Atom SQ, Console 1+Fader 1, UA Apollo Twin TB/USB, Toontrack, NI Komplete 12, ++
by tournier1 on Mon Jun 29, 2015 6:32 am
klypeman wroteWhen you are in the UC have you checked that the little blue dot on mixer 1/2 has light ?
Also your Daw 1 and Daw 2 should be linked, that you can do by making shure that the little link sign is lighted (11/12) also be shure that you have not by accident muted the daw's m into orange.
Last thing, have you, in you daw, switched to the projects as soundcards ?
Hope that it helps.

In UC, on the right, OUT 1/2 is on and it is written 1/2 MIXER, if I click the little blue dot, the text written changes for 1/2 DAW 1-2. In both cases sound comes out.

Yes both tracks (17/18) are linked and panned full and I can see the signal going through on the virtual baregraphs... (clicking on the dot to link it pans it automatically)

About muting, I can easily mute or de mute, it works fine, but it's not the problem...

In the DAW, I can also chose with no problem between Onboard sound card or Firestudios.
That's how I realized that stereo had no issue with internal sound cad but wouldn't work through the Firestudios...

So much time spent on that issue, I'm just wasted...

by tournier1 on Mon Jun 29, 2015 1:48 pm
Yeaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhh !!!!!!!!!!
It works, I'm a [MOD EDIT] retarded !
After almost 1 week looking for the cause of my problem in the DAW and Control Center, my eyes saw a red light and stopped on it.
I root my monitors through a Mackie Big Knob.
And the MONO SWITCH WAS ENGAGED !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
So it's ok, I feel dumb...
Many thanks for your help guys...
Regards...
Last edited by mwright137 on Mon Jun 29, 2015 7:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Edited for language.

by klypeman on Wed Jul 01, 2015 4:45 am
I am happy for you :D

Forum Moderator.
Please add your specs to your SIGNATURE.
Search the STUDIO ONE 6 ONLINE MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

AMD Ryzen 7 3800X 8-Core 3.90 GHz Windows 10 64bit Home, MacBook Pro + Mini Big Sur, SO 5.5 Pro, SO 6.1.1 Pro, LUNA, Cubase 10.5 Pro, SLIII32, 24.4.2, 16.0.2 FW, Quantum 2626, Faderport 8, FaderPort 16, Atom, Atom SQ, Console 1+Fader 1, UA Apollo Twin TB/USB, Toontrack, NI Komplete 12, ++
by enricolombardi1 on Tue Feb 09, 2021 4:05 am
I have the same problem with my brand new PRESONUS quantuum2626.
With Logic in a single track I cannot set pan L e R, please explain me better the way you fix it, thanx

13 posts
Page 1 of 1