9 posts
Page 1 of 1
Hey there, everybody!
So, I just pick up another used FS Project. Plug it in, turn it on and the sync light blinks blue ONCE, then goes solid red.

I have another FS Project, which is (and was) plugged in to same computer with the same firewire cable and it works fine (meaning it syncs and lights up blue).

I started a ticket with Presonus and got an auto response that said the ticket is now closed because they don't support Vista anymore, so I don't expect much help from them.
That was fine when they said that about my Faderport. I just threw away the Faderport and got a Mackie MCU. But I'd kinda like to fix this problem this time.
From my reading on this, it sounds like it may need to get sent in to get fixed. Is there somewhere else that can fix this stuff besides Presonus?

OR, better still, is there a different fix I haven't stumble across yet?

Thanks,
Sean
by mrpicholas on Thu Aug 27, 2015 6:56 pm
Have you tried running Universal Control and updating the firmware in your FireStudio Project? This is what I would try first.

PreSonus has legacy versions available, so you should be able to find the last one with support for your OS. IIRC the firmware updates are part of the Universal Control software.

MacBook Pro 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 with 16GB RAM & OS 11.6.4. Studio One Professional 5, Notion 5, Presonus Quantum 2626, PreSonus Sceptre S6, FaderPort, Melodyne Editor, plugs from Waves, AAS, Arturia, Nomad Factory, IK. Faber-Castell #2 Pencil
by cristofe on Thu Aug 27, 2015 9:38 pm
Well.....if you have an FSP that works on this system and this one isn't recognized by the pc I would suspect that you've been sold a unit with a bad firewire port. Did you try to daisy chain them together? If it will not sync after daisy chaining it or updating the firmware I wouldn't contact tech support.....I'd contact the seller and demand a refund.

https://soundcloud.com/cristofe-chabot/sets/main

PC'S: HP XW6000 Dual 3.2GHz Intel Xeon, 8GB RAM WinXP SP2 HP 6005 Pro AMD Athalon X2 B24 3.0Ghz, 4GB RAM Win8 Pro Dell Latitude E6410 Laptop Intel i5 2.67Ghz 8GB RAM Win7 Pro x64 Audio Interfaces: Terratec EWS88MT PCI (2), Audiobox 1818VSL USB & Firestudio 26x26 Firewire, Line 6 PodXT, Roland GS-10, NI Rig Kontrol 3

Monitors: Yamaha HS50M's DAW: S1 3.2.1 Pro

To add your software and hardware specs to your signature to make it easier for us to help you, click HERE.
by genereaux on Fri Aug 28, 2015 9:59 am
Can I do firmware when there is no blue light? When I click on the UC, it's empty (shows no device)

SO, when daisy chained to the functioning FSP, it does the same thing- solid red light/not recognized by the UC.

When I bought it, the seller DID say it won't sync and the final auction price wound up around $25. I figured if it wasn't a firmware issue and was a capacitor or firewire connection, I could at least send it in for repair.. I didn't realize Presonus won't let me send it back if I'm running a no longer supported OS.

I saw some videos online about testing/replacing the capacitors. Maybe I'll go that route
by cristofe on Fri Aug 28, 2015 12:11 pm
Yeah...no sync...no firmware update...what was I thinking?...duh!! :roll:

When I bought it, the seller DID say it won't sync and the final auction price wound up around $25. I figured if it wasn't a firmware issue and was a capacitor or firewire connection, I could at least send it in for repair.

Well that's it then.....almost certainly a fried firewire port.

. I didn't realize Presonus won't let me send it back if I'm running a no longer supported OS.

Oh no...that's not the case at all!! They no longer support that OS BUT they certainly still support the device and will repair it for a one time fee which I believe is currently $85. That also buys you a brand new shiny 1 year warranty!! So really, given what you paid for it initially, that still ends up being a really good deal!! Congrats!! :mrgreen:

https://soundcloud.com/cristofe-chabot/sets/main

PC'S: HP XW6000 Dual 3.2GHz Intel Xeon, 8GB RAM WinXP SP2 HP 6005 Pro AMD Athalon X2 B24 3.0Ghz, 4GB RAM Win8 Pro Dell Latitude E6410 Laptop Intel i5 2.67Ghz 8GB RAM Win7 Pro x64 Audio Interfaces: Terratec EWS88MT PCI (2), Audiobox 1818VSL USB & Firestudio 26x26 Firewire, Line 6 PodXT, Roland GS-10, NI Rig Kontrol 3

Monitors: Yamaha HS50M's DAW: S1 3.2.1 Pro

To add your software and hardware specs to your signature to make it easier for us to help you, click HERE.
by genereaux on Sat Aug 29, 2015 10:27 am
That's what I'd hoped. The bench fee IS $85 (according to the thing they sent me when I had to send my MSR in). I just need to submit a ticket that doesn't get kicked back because of my OS.
by Terrell L. Brister on Thu Oct 29, 2015 10:04 am
I'm have some what of the same issue. What did you do in the end? because their not helping me right now. :geek:
by scaredofsilence on Tue Jan 05, 2016 10:23 pm
I have the exact same problem. Put in FSP in storage for a while. Got it back out recently...but it won't sync anymore. Used to work fine, thus I don't think it's a corrupt connection. Any updates on this?

Thanks
by matthewgorman on Wed Jan 06, 2016 11:03 am
Hard to say without more information

Matt

Lenovo ThinkServer TS140 Win 10 64bit, 8GB RAM, Intel Xeon
Lenovo Thinkpad E520, Windows 7 64bit, 8 GB RAM, Intel i5 Processor

S1Pro V5

9 posts
Page 1 of 1