9 posts
Page 1 of 1
I recently set up my Firestudio Project and Firestudio Tube in a daisy chain configuration. I have installed Universal Control 1.7.2. I am using a Mac Mini running OS 10.9.5 with Core i5 processor and 8GB RAM. I am also running Pro Tools 11/3/1. All is fine with the Firestudios; I can monitor clean signals on each.

The problem is when I open Pro Tools it appears that there is some redundancy in the outputs resulting in a horribly distorted signal with a bunch of delay. I Have looked through several forums and haven't found a solution. I am hesitant to contact Avid about this but will if I can't find any answer here.
by cristofe on Sun Mar 01, 2015 9:05 am
All is fine with the Firestudios; I can monitor clean signals on each.

Then it does indeed sound like the problem is with Pro Tools. Have you tried the
Firestudios with other DAWS or audio programs?

I am hesitant to contact Avid about this but will if I can't find any answer here

That may well be your best bet.

https://soundcloud.com/cristofe-chabot/sets/main

PC'S: HP XW6000 Dual 3.2GHz Intel Xeon, 8GB RAM WinXP SP2 HP 6005 Pro AMD Athalon X2 B24 3.0Ghz, 4GB RAM Win8 Pro Dell Latitude E6410 Laptop Intel i5 2.67Ghz 8GB RAM Win7 Pro x64 Audio Interfaces: Terratec EWS88MT PCI (2), Audiobox 1818VSL USB & Firestudio 26x26 Firewire, Line 6 PodXT, Roland GS-10, NI Rig Kontrol 3

Monitors: Yamaha HS50M's DAW: S1 3.2.1 Pro

To add your software and hardware specs to your signature to make it easier for us to help you, click HERE.
by jaysjones on Sun Mar 01, 2015 11:40 am
I spent some more time on it today and once I set the Universal Control's Safe Mode to 'Low Latency' all was well. It is a quick fix, but there is a signal path issue here somewhere. Signal from one is fine (the one set as master in UC) and the other sounds horrible in PT.

Thanks for your reply
by rokko101 on Mon Mar 02, 2015 8:00 pm
Hi there.

I was about to post a very similar situation.
I've the exact same problem but with a Firestudio Project and a Firestudio Lightpipe.
Using latest UC drivers (v.1.72) and firmware with a 8 core Mac Pro 2009 and OS X Yosemite 10.10.2
I've tried using the onboard FW800 ports and also a FW400 on a T.I FW400/800 PCIe card. Same results.

The problem isn't related exclusively to Pro Tools, i'm using Studio One 2.6.5 with the exact same results.
Only the master unit sounds ok. The slaved one (through FW connection) sounds horribly distorted (digital distortion/artifact). But live monitored signal is ok, so there's something wrong with the actual FW data into core audio.

When FPS is set to master FSLP Firewire blue led flashes and there's distortion on all recorded FSLP channels.
When FSLP is set to master FPS apparently locks ok (steady blue led) but - distortion on all recorded FPS channels.

I've tried every possible variation but the issue persists. I'm pretty sure we're dealing with a Firmware/Driver issue.

Let's hear Presonus support.
Last edited by rokko101 on Tue Mar 03, 2015 2:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MacOS 12.6, Mac Pro 2012 Xeon 3.06Ghz 24Gb RAM, Mac Mini 2012 i7, Studio One v.6 , Presonus Studio 192, AudioBox iOne.
by cristofe on Tue Mar 03, 2015 10:28 am
Let's hear Persons support.

This is a user forum. If you want to hear from Presonus Tech Support you must either
open a support ticket or call them.

https://soundcloud.com/cristofe-chabot/sets/main

PC'S: HP XW6000 Dual 3.2GHz Intel Xeon, 8GB RAM WinXP SP2 HP 6005 Pro AMD Athalon X2 B24 3.0Ghz, 4GB RAM Win8 Pro Dell Latitude E6410 Laptop Intel i5 2.67Ghz 8GB RAM Win7 Pro x64 Audio Interfaces: Terratec EWS88MT PCI (2), Audiobox 1818VSL USB & Firestudio 26x26 Firewire, Line 6 PodXT, Roland GS-10, NI Rig Kontrol 3

Monitors: Yamaha HS50M's DAW: S1 3.2.1 Pro

To add your software and hardware specs to your signature to make it easier for us to help you, click HERE.
by rokko101 on Tue Mar 03, 2015 2:09 pm
Thanks.
Of Course, I meant "hear" not precisely here, but talking to them directly.
I've already opened a support ticket , maybe they're already aware of this problem.
Bye.

MacOS 12.6, Mac Pro 2012 Xeon 3.06Ghz 24Gb RAM, Mac Mini 2012 i7, Studio One v.6 , Presonus Studio 192, AudioBox iOne.
by jaysjones on Wed Mar 04, 2015 10:49 am
Exactly! The Master unit is fine and the Slave is not. You can switch the master in UC and get the same result for Master (clean) and Salve (Distorted) The other thing I noticed is that the signal on the slave is not distorted at the unit, if you were to headphone monitor it.

I had not used this config for several months, but recently completed building my studio and was all jazzed to rig up the gear, and this happened...

Anxious to hear from Presonus.Thanks for everyones' input (pun...)

Jay
by rokko101 on Thu Mar 05, 2015 7:00 pm
Exactly... the problem is i'm not getting a word from Presonus. Which means that they don't care or don't have a solution to offer.

But let's be patient before dumping at least one of their Firestudios.

by mxmstrben on Mon Aug 31, 2015 6:42 am
I'm having the same problem.
Any news from Presonus?

9 posts
Page 1 of 1