3 posts
Page 1 of 1
Hi. I was shocked that I figured out a way to get my Firestudio Project working on a Windows 11 machine and wanted to post how I did it in case it helps anyone.

I had started looking into upgrading from Windows 10 to 11 before I realized that Presonus had posted that it would not support the FireStudio Project on Win 11.

To make my system compatible with Win 11, I had to convert my hard drive partition from MBR to GPT, but once I successfully did this I noticed that the FireStudio Project has stopped connecting. That's when I looked up the support info and saw that support was stopping with 10. I had already downloaded the Win 11 update, but not installed it, but suppose something in windows might have updated in preparation and caused it to stop working. I paused all windows updates, and started working with Presonus Tech support. They were very attentive and suggested several things, but nothing seemed to work, and they suggested that I might need to reinstall WIn 10 or earlier.

I thought I'd go ahead and try 11, and then decide if I might go back and reinstall 10 or just start shopping for a new interface. After completing all the Win 11 updates the Studio Fire was acting strangely. I say it connect at one point but would not play audio. I decided to play around with drivers. I already had the legacy driver installed (PreSonus_Universal_Control_Installer-5884.exe), but I thought what the heck, what if I install the latest PreSonus_UniversalControl_v3_6_4_87069.exe? And it worked! Somehow with both running I can now use the old Universal control interface in Windows 11, and so far everything seems to function correctly!
by karolkurtyka on Wed Nov 16, 2022 2:07 pm
Hello, that sounds great. What motherborard/soundcard do u use ? Thinking of getting myself a new firewire card as new pc does not have legacy PCI port sadly. Would love to get my firestudio back to work... moved to ssl2+ usb but missing my trusty piece of presonus junk ; )
by benshirley on Mon Nov 28, 2022 10:37 pm
I did wonder if my particular firewire card might have something to do with it working. I think I'd have to pull the card to remember what it is specifically, but the windows device manager says it's a "Texas Instruments 1394 OHCI Compliant Host Controller" if that is any help.
Edit: I just pulled my card and am pretty sure it's this one:
https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B00 ... 1MTF&psc=1

My motherboard is a ASUS B450M Prime-A CSM so besides the Presonus FireStudio Project, I"m using the onboard sound card on the motherboard.

3 posts
Page 1 of 1