5 posts
Page 1 of 1
I have a Presonus Firestudio Project connected with an Audient Mico preamp.
The preamp is set to the same sampling rate as the FSP.
I have some sync problems when I power up the PC and set FPS to External SPDIF clock in the Universal Control. Sometimes I have to disconnect and connect the SPDIF cable, turn the preamp on/off etc. - which I guess should not med necesarry.

The way I power up is preamp, FSP, PC.

My questions are:

1) Having the preamp connected to FSP with SPDIF, and FPS to PC with firewire, what is the right order to power up the devices? So I get sync when I change to External SPDIF clock ine Universal Control.

2) Is there a way to get Universal Control (1.7.2) to keep EXternal SPDIF clock source as defaul?. It changes back everytime I reboot the PC.

Regards,

Radek
by danielhuber on Sun Jul 06, 2014 12:04 pm
The Audient Mico don't accept to be the "slave" for the clock?
by Lava on Tue Jul 29, 2014 6:25 am
I have not tried that.
I thought that the first device should be the master.
And in the manual for the FSP it's written:

You should select “S/PDIF” as the Clock Source and set the sample rate to correspond with the
external device in the Universal Control Launch window when using the S/PDIF input.

---------------------

Universal Control remembers the sample rate after a reboot, but it always resets the clock source to internal master.
by Lava on Wed Aug 27, 2014 4:22 am
This solved the problem for me.

In Universal Control: Set clock to SPDIF.
I also had UC running at startup - turned this off.

Power Off: FPS -> PC -> Preamp

Power On: FPS -> PC -> Preamp

Now it syncs automatically.
by robtaylor9 on Sun Mar 21, 2021 9:47 pm
Lava wroteThis solved the problem for me.

In Universal Control: Set clock to SPDIF.
I also had UC running at startup - turned this off.

Power Off: FPS -> PC -> Preamp

Power On: FPS -> PC -> Preamp

Now it syncs automatically.

I know this is a very old thread so you may not receive notice of this reply, but I'm hoping you or someone else might help guide me a bit further in terms of your boot up process described here.

My situation is similar except I'm sending SPDIF from a Kemper guitar profiler as opposed to a preamp

At which point do you fire up S1 and UC once you're rebooted PC?

Do you have to boot up all your gear in this order or just once and then it's synced automatically each time regardless?

5 posts
Page 1 of 1