4 posts
Page 1 of 1
Hey,

I've just gone out and built myself a small gaming PC.

At the moment, my firestudio project is connected onto my little mac. KRK Rokit's are connected to my firestudio project (main outs) and a 4 channel headphone amplifier (gen purpose outs). It's a simple set up.

As my newly gaming PC is an ITX motherboard (saving space) - the PCIe slot is taken up by a graphics card, which leaves me no other expansions to buy a PCIe firewire card to connect the project onto.

Ideally I just want to use the same speakers and not have seperate speakers for my pc setup and mac setup.

Is it possible to connect the Line outs of the onboard soundcard to the Returns of the firestudio. Just for audio playback, nothing else.?
by spiro85 on Tue Jul 12, 2016 5:15 am
Or would it work via spdif?

My outboard spfdif is toslink.. so I would need to get one of those small boxes. (Toslink IN to Coaxial Out) From soundcard (toslink out) -> Toslink IN box - Coaxial out -> Coaxial IN Firestudio. Will that work?
by matthewgorman on Tue Jul 12, 2016 8:55 am
It could, but I can't say how solid it will be. You could also come in via the xlr ins. You would need to set all the routing up through Universal Control.

Matt

Lenovo ThinkServer TS140 Win 10 64bit, 8GB RAM, Intel Xeon
Lenovo Thinkpad E520, Windows 7 64bit, 8 GB RAM, Intel i5 Processor

S1Pro V5
by PreSonuSales2 on Tue Jul 12, 2016 9:31 am
matthewgorman wroteIt could, but I can't say how solid it will be. You could also come in via the xlr ins. You would need to set all the routing up through Universal Control.

+1 on what Matt said; I was just about to say this.

Inside Sales

*Please create a "signature" with your software and hardware specs to make it easier for us to help you... click HERE.

Home Setup: Studio 192 , Studio One Professional 3 (64 Bit), Eris E8s, Eris 4.5s, and Ceres 4.5s.
Office Setup: AudioBox 22VSL, Eris E5s, Studio One Professional 3 (64 Bit)

4 posts
Page 1 of 1