10 posts
Page 1 of 1
Hi everyone!

I'm wondering if anyone here has had a problem similar to mine:

The fire studio mobile was working for about a day on my iMac with OS X 10.10.2. After updating to Yosemite 10.10.3 my device was no longer recognized. After following the Uninstall instructions and updating to the latest version of universal control, my device is still not recognized though the blue sync light is on. Opened a support ticket and the only advice I've been given thus far is to make sure I have a bilingual 6 to 9 pin cable. Picked up a second bilingual cable to test on and the fire studio is still not recognized in either universal control or audio midi setup.

So after running through the Universal control uninstall instructions a few times(well more like 8 or 9 times), i decided that I would not be discouraged, and since Yosemite has been a general pain in my foot, went ahead and reinstalled the OS X to its factory settings.

Big surprise, my device wasn't recognized under OS X Lion 10.7.5 either.

After two weeks of this I'm over it and will be looking to return the Firestudio Mobile. It's too bad because I really wanted to make use of the extra I/O, and have heard good things about Presonus from other musicians.
by incooldj on Sun May 10, 2015 2:43 pm
Same problem... My Firestudio mobile stopped to work without any reason, I got just the blue led on. I tried to unistall, reset pram and install again. Nothing to do, it does not work.
I am on a macbook pro with yosemite 10.10.3

I had a lot of issue with the "old" versione of yosemite, but now I can not use anymore my Firestudio.

I am totally disappointed in mac and presonus stuff.
by klypeman on Mon May 11, 2015 4:36 am
Have you tried to switch from Firestudio Master to SPDIF and back to Firestudio master in UC clock source ?
That worked with my Projects don't know if it works with Mobile maybe worth a try ?

Forum Moderator.
Please add your specs to your SIGNATURE.
Search the STUDIO ONE 6 ONLINE MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

AMD Ryzen 7 3800X 8-Core 3.90 GHz Windows 10 64bit Home, MacBook Pro + Mini Big Sur, SO 5.5 Pro, SO 6.1.1 Pro, LUNA, Cubase 10.5 Pro, SLIII32, 24.4.2, 16.0.2 FW, Quantum 2626, Faderport 8, FaderPort 16, Atom, Atom SQ, Console 1+Fader 1, UA Apollo Twin TB/USB, Toontrack, NI Komplete 12, ++
by incooldj on Mon May 18, 2015 9:11 am
Thank you for your suggestion, but there's no possibility to change "clock source" with universal control. I get just the blue led on my Firestudio Mobile, but I can not control the device.
The strange thing about this device it that sometimes works, sometimes do not.
I tried to downgrade to Mavericks 10.9. As larrydominguezjr, my device wasn't recognized under Mavericks. Unbelievable! To work I always try to plug and unplug the device. And sometimes it starts to work.

There's no issue with the firewire cable. The same device works perfectly on Windows and Linux.

May it be an issue with the firewire 400 to 800 adapter?
by matthewgorman on Mon May 18, 2015 12:06 pm
May it be an issue with the firewire 400 to 800 adapter?

Possible. Not all adapters are the same. As stated above regarding the cable, make sure the adapter is bi-lingual or it won't work.

Matt

Lenovo ThinkServer TS140 Win 10 64bit, 8GB RAM, Intel Xeon
Lenovo Thinkpad E520, Windows 7 64bit, 8 GB RAM, Intel i5 Processor

S1Pro V5
by roberthicks2 on Wed Jun 03, 2015 11:41 pm
I was having weird problems with my Mac. I just upgraded to 10.8.5 for $19. from apple instead of Yosemite and everything had been working great until tonight when I had no sound in Firefox... I went to disk manager and did a permissions verify and repair. After I noticed everything was twice as fast... really zipping along, then I notice the sound was comining out of the little speakers in my 13" MacBook Pro and then I saw the blinking lights. Since then I have deleted Universal control and reinstalled it to maybe reset the permissions. But NOOOOoooo. Presonus is a greyed out choice in Audio and Midi settings. A remnant. I will not give up. Any help you tech support persons could add would be appreciated .. You do know what the problem is right? it's your job.
by matthewgorman on Thu Jun 04, 2015 6:26 am
Any help you tech support persons could add would be appreciated .. You do know what the problem is right? it's your job.

FYI, this is first and foremost a user forum. Although Presonus employees do lurk here from time to time, the forum should not be used as an "official" tech support option. You may get your problems solved here, but for tech support issues you should start a ticket at the support link above.

Matt

Lenovo ThinkServer TS140 Win 10 64bit, 8GB RAM, Intel Xeon
Lenovo Thinkpad E520, Windows 7 64bit, 8 GB RAM, Intel i5 Processor

S1Pro V5
by larrydominguezjr on Wed Jul 08, 2015 7:31 pm
Update?

Did anyone get the fire studio mobile to work after upgrading to the next yosemite version?

Seems like a bunch of crap to me..
by rokko101 on Sat Nov 28, 2015 7:32 pm
Hi everyone.

I was using my FS Mobile with no issues with Yosemite.. Upgraded to El Capitan and everything was perfect with the latest drivers... Then one day I got stuck with the blue led. I tried the unit with it's AC/DC adaptor and as soon as it's powered on... even with no FW cable attached, the led goes on permanent blue state. No OS version or machine at my disposal make a difference... My guess is that something is fried inside the unit.
The unit is only 6 months old so still under warranty... BTW Something that has always worried my about this unit is how hot it gets... That may affect it's reliability and life-span.

MacOS 12.6, Mac Pro 2012 Xeon 3.06Ghz 24Gb RAM, Mac Mini 2012 i7, Studio One v.6 , Presonus Studio 192, AudioBox iOne.
by jessesublett on Sat Dec 05, 2015 3:58 pm
I have the same problem. I'm using El Capitan. I've downloaded the Presonus driver over and over again. Never recognized. The little FS Mobile used to work great, now it sits there useless, too light to be a paperweight. Doesn't look like Presonus cares about this problem as it has been an issue for a long time.

10 posts
Page 1 of 1