5 posts
Page 1 of 1
Hi,

Lots of people are ditching their firewire interfaces! - But not me! - The opposite is true :D

OK - A question on a cascaded over fire-wire - Fire Studio Mobile - I'm not asking how to..... but asking about the L & R outputs - There are 8 ins (analog) and 2 outs - Is it possible to use the master outs on MOBILE as mono channels?

I figured maybe not but also figured it may work as the other unit cascaded could use the master out.

Can it work as 2 x mono outs? or is it fixed to to stereo master out? - This will help me decide whether to get one of the MOBILE or one of the other interfaces - Thanks in advance of reply
by SwitchBack on Sat Nov 04, 2023 5:48 am
Hmm, depends. I'm no FS Mobile expert so I don't know if 'cascading' actually merges the two interfaces into one. That's only possible if the drivers and firmware support it as a special feature. If not then your computer will simply see two separate interfaces instead of one bigger interface.

In that case a Mac computer can still aggregate both interfaces into that bigger interface, with access to every individual input and output. On a Windows computer no such luck.
by frazfraz on Sat Nov 04, 2023 6:05 am
Hi - Yes if the drivers are done right the resources (in and outs) appear in the mix control software or whatever it's called.

Max is 52 in and 52 out - With 2 X Fire Studio - Over two units.

Fire Studio can be aggregated with 2 x Fire Studio Mobile - But it is the question of the stereo outs on the MOBILE as to whether they can be made mono or not.
by SwitchBack on Sat Nov 04, 2023 6:20 am
If those outputs show as two channels all the way from the interface to your DAW then it is up to your DAW to use them as one stereo output or as two separate mono outputs, including controlling the individual output levels (as the interface probably has a single knob to control both together.)
by frazfraz on Sat Nov 04, 2023 11:01 am
Hi - I'll try it out sometime - It'll either do it or it won't and it will be obvious when it's tried out but at the least it'll bus the stereo - Best thing is to try this.

5 posts
Page 1 of 1