2 posts
Page 1 of 1
I have a mac mini and will be using Garageband to get my feet wet. I have a Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 right now and I do not like not being able to adjust mix levels for the interface. I remember that the Firestudio Mobile had universal control that would let me adjust volumes for inputs in relation to the mix while tracking. Every website seems to be showing discontinued for the Firestudio Mobile and I'm afraid FireWire is getting phased out. So I am interested in what would be the closest USB equivalent that Presonus makes.

Btw, I am planning on recording Guitar and Vocals and using virtual instruments if I add bass or drums. Will probably track one instrument at a time.

Thank you in advance.
by matthewgorman on Wed Oct 05, 2016 7:38 am
Although a bit more money than the FSM, if I were in your shoes I would take a look at the 192 mobile. More features than the FSM, but better mic pres for sure.

Before you toss the FSM however, adapting firewire to thunderbolt has been working well in the field for several years now. Firewire has better latency performance than USB on average, so it may be worth looking to thunderbolt.

Matt

Lenovo ThinkServer TS140 Win 10 64bit, 8GB RAM, Intel Xeon
Lenovo Thinkpad E520, Windows 7 64bit, 8 GB RAM, Intel i5 Processor

S1Pro V5

2 posts
Page 1 of 1