4 posts
Page 1 of 1
I have a mysterious "suddenly stopped working" issue with both my FS Mobile and FS Project on my laptop. Worked fine since purchase of computer about 1 year ago, even through the Windows 10 update. Then after a period of no use, wouldn't lock (light flashes blue/red on FS Mobile, stays red on FS Project). Both continue to work fine on my desktop machine with a FireWire PCI card.

Computer: Asus G750JS-NH71
Apple Thunderbolt to Firewire adapter (got another one to see if that was it, still no go)
Firewire 800 to 400 cable (tried different ones)

Both Apple adapters show up in devices when plugged in

Tried updating to universal control 1.7.2, no luck. Did uninstall, registry clean, reboot, reinstall, no luck.
by matthewgorman on Thu May 12, 2016 9:50 am
There is a new version of UC that may fix. If the release is not public, there is a public beta version you can grab. There is a specific Public Beta area you can get to from the forum board index.

Matt

Lenovo ThinkServer TS140 Win 10 64bit, 8GB RAM, Intel Xeon
Lenovo Thinkpad E520, Windows 7 64bit, 8 GB RAM, Intel i5 Processor

S1Pro V5
by johnseboldt on Fri May 13, 2016 3:28 pm
Oddly I thought 1.7.2 was most recent, but found 1.7.4, and that did nothing. I had disk images of my boot drive before it was a problem, and reset the computer - - again wouldn't work. Back to my current install , thanks to a full disk backup in Acronis True Image, and no need to reinstall all from scratch. Still no luck. Will try fresh cables of different brands - that was an issue when I first got the machine.
by matthewgorman on Fri May 13, 2016 3:37 pm
Make sure the cables are specifically rated to be bilingual, or it will not work. When going from FW 400 to 800, you need the bilingual.

Matt

Lenovo ThinkServer TS140 Win 10 64bit, 8GB RAM, Intel Xeon
Lenovo Thinkpad E520, Windows 7 64bit, 8 GB RAM, Intel i5 Processor

S1Pro V5

4 posts
Page 1 of 1