2 posts
Page 1 of 1
I just built a new DAW, got a new FireStudio Mobile, and a Presonus approved FW card running a TI XIO2213 chip. (See my sig.)

I properly installed the latest 1.7.2 UC software/drivers. I tried a factory reset, used the FSM with and without the power supply, switched my FW card to a different PCIe port, tried both ports on the FSM, and I'm using the FW cable that came with the FSM.

What happens is, Studio One gives me two error messages at boot-up while it's trying to set the sample rate and if I try to change the sample rate of a song.

I get the following errors:

"The audio device PreSonus FireStudio could not be initialized. Please check your hardware configuration and try again." There's a button to 'Retry' or 'Cancel'.

I click "Retry" and get the message, "The audio device PreSonus FireStudio has failed to start correctly before. Do you want to try it again?"

I click "Yes" and on rare occasion it will work but most of the time it will go back to the first error message I listed and after a couple of tries Studio One will set itself to "No Audio Device".

While the errors are being displayed the LED on the FSM is flashing from red to blue, but once Studio One sets itself to 'no audio device' the FSM sets itself to 44.1k and the LED turns solid blue.

When Studio One sets itself to "No Audio Device" I can try to re-select the FSM but I get the same errors. I then have to manually change the sample rate on the FSM driver to a different rate and then select the FSM from the list of audio devices in Studio One. Then Studio One will change the sample rate to whatever it wants on the FSM without error and it's good to go. Sometimes I have to repeat this several times before Studio One will sync itself with the FSM but not always.

Once I get Studio One to allow me to select the FSM and get the sample rates matched everything works fine. I can record, edit, do what I normally do without a hitch.

I downloaded and installed the latest version of Reaper just as a test and I get the same results. I can switch sample rates using UC as fast as I can without error and I can set it to 96k and play a file in Windows and Windows will change the FSM to the sample rate it wants with no problem every time. I only get errors when using Studio One or Reaper.

Is anyone running an FSM on Windows 10 trouble free? It feels like a driver error but I've never dealt with a Firewire device before so I don't really know.

Any ideas?

Defective FSM?

Defective FW Card?

It's just the way it works for now until new Windows 10 drivers come out?

Thanks,

Shane

Intel i7 6700k | Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3P | Kingston 16GB 2133 | 2 x Samsung 250GB EVO SSD's | Vantec UGT-FW210 FW Card | Win 10 Pro | S1 Pro 3.2 x64 | Firestudio Mobile | Yamaha HS-80's | ART Pro VLA II Vactrol Tube Compressor | ART Pro MPA II Reference Series Tube Mic Pre | Blue Bluebird Mic
User avatar
by Bub on Thu Mar 17, 2016 8:24 pm
I built my DAW a few days ago and installed Windows 10 from a DVD. It's been downloading a massive update in the background for the last few days. It actually said it was an "Upgrade to Windows 10" in the description window of the update. It finally finished tonight and I rebooted my PC to install the update.

I had boxed up my FireStudio Mobile and was going to send it back but I said, "What the heck, I'll give it one more shot now that the Windows 10 update/upgrade is installed."

I plugged in the FW cable and the FireStudio Mobile sat there for about 90 seconds with the LED alternating between blue and red and the input meters all flashing every 10 seconds or so.

The Universal Control driver window came up and said "Driver version 0.0.0.0" and I could not change any of the settings but I was able to hear everything normally in Windows and I could use Studio One as well as make sample rate changes although I couldn't do it manually in the driver.

I rebooted to see if the driver would start working and by golly It's been working perfectly ever since.

Studio One boots up lightning fast every time now no matter what I have the UC sample rate set to at boot-up and when I'm in a Song I can flip through sample rates and buffer settings instantly with no trouble at all.

Here's a quick summary of the steps I took.

1. Unplugged the FireStudio Mobile before Windows 10 started installing it's upgrade/update.

2. Plugged in the FireStudio Mobile when Windows 10 was done rebooting/installing it's update/upgrade.

3. Waited for the LED to stay a solid Blue and the meters to stop flashing (about 90 seconds).

4. Rebooted Windows 10.

I'm afraid to let Windows 10 do any more updates. I don't want to accidentally undo this remedy.

I tested this with Reaper and it's working flawlessly now too.

I hope this helps in some way.

:thumbup:

Shane

Intel i7 6700k | Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3P | Kingston 16GB 2133 | 2 x Samsung 250GB EVO SSD's | Vantec UGT-FW210 FW Card | Win 10 Pro | S1 Pro 3.2 x64 | Firestudio Mobile | Yamaha HS-80's | ART Pro VLA II Vactrol Tube Compressor | ART Pro MPA II Reference Series Tube Mic Pre | Blue Bluebird Mic

2 posts
Page 1 of 1

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests