3 posts
Page 1 of 1
I just purchased a used Roland RD-500 and the first time I used it as a midi controller through my presonus firestudio mobile with garageband it worked fine and I was able to record a track. Later on I went to try and for the life of me I cannot get it to work. I downloaded the manual and read that the channel settings must match that of the firestudio but I do not know what those are. The manual for the firestudio does not specify this. I tried fiddling with the 16 channels on the RD-500 in various setting but to know avail. I also reset the keyboard to manufacturers setting since I had played with the setting so much and wanted to make sure I had not goofed it up.

Any advice here?
by johnh on Sat Jan 30, 2016 4:01 pm
bumping this message. It seems I need a driver, any help as to where I can get this would be great. Alternatively, it may be that I just need to use a MIDI to USB cable to bypass firestudio, I would have hoped to get some support from Presonus on this but I have yet to hear from anyone as to how to deal with, guess my interface is useless with this keyboard.
by cristofechabot on Sun Jan 31, 2016 11:22 pm
I would have hoped to get some support from Presonus on this but I have yet to hear from anyone as to how to deal with, guess my interface is useless with this keyboard.

Your RD-500 has standard MIDI outputs. It will work just fine with your FSM if you set it up properly. Drivers for your interface can be found here:

http://www.presonus.com/products/FireStudio-Mobile/downloads

3 posts
Page 1 of 1