3 posts
Page 1 of 1
I've been using my FSM for years with Windows7 without issue. The computer is a Dell Precision M6800. I finally "upgraded" (not so sure about that) to Win10 and am having an issue with the latest Universal Control 1.7.6.

The driver won't load unless I disable Secure Boot in the BIOS. I understand this topic has been addressed somewhat. Presonus issued a statement about this here:

https://support.presonus.com/hc/en-us/articles/215470663-Windows-10-Digital-Signature-Code-52-Error

However, this doesn't apply to the FSM. Is 1.7.6 not signed correctly for current versions of Win10? Are there any workarounds or is this just how it is? Do any previous versions of UC not have this issue?

It isn't the end of the world to have to disable Secure Boot, but it would be nice if I didn't have to.
by cristofe on Sat Jul 16, 2022 9:49 am
I've never had any problems with UC 1.76 and Win10x64. I've run it on several machines as I own two FSM'S. I've never gotten that message and therefore never had to disable secure boot. Maybe the problem is specific to your pc. I would suggest you do a clean uninstall and then re-install in compatibility mode and see if that helps. We might be able to assist you better if you post your full system specs in your signature, (see my sig)..

https://soundcloud.com/cristofe-chabot/sets/main

PC'S: HP XW6000 Dual 3.2GHz Intel Xeon, 8GB RAM WinXP SP2 HP 6005 Pro AMD Athalon X2 B24 3.0Ghz, 4GB RAM Win8 Pro Dell Latitude E6410 Laptop Intel i5 2.67Ghz 8GB RAM Win7 Pro x64 Audio Interfaces: Terratec EWS88MT PCI (2), Audiobox 1818VSL USB & Firestudio 26x26 Firewire, Line 6 PodXT, Roland GS-10, NI Rig Kontrol 3

Monitors: Yamaha HS50M's DAW: S1 3.2.1 Pro

To add your software and hardware specs to your signature to make it easier for us to help you, click HERE.
by Kukuey on Thu Jul 21, 2022 5:04 pm
Thanks for your reply.

I've updated my sig with my system info.

I opened a ticket with Presonus and their solution was to leave Secure Boot disabled.

That was a great idea to uninstall and reinstall in compatibility mode. I removed the device driver then I removed UC 1.7.6. Then I reinstalled UC in compatibility mode for Win7 and I'm still getting the same problem. The FSM won't sync unless I turn off Secure Boot.

Your sig doesn't say which of your systems is running Win10. Is your Dell Latitude one of them? Does the FSM work ok on this machine with Secure Boot enabled?

Dell Precision M6800, Intel I7-4800MQ 2.70GHz, 32GB RAM, NVidia K5100M 8GB GDDR5, Win10 Pro 64, Samsung 870 Evo 1TB.

3 posts
Page 1 of 1