3 posts
Page 1 of 1

[ Play Quicktime file ] e61Zl9vD3M.mp4 [ 6.01 MiB | Viewed 5289 times ]

Dear All,

I have a Firestudio Mobile, which I used for many years without problems on my Windows7 PC.

Recently, I upgraded my PC to a new machine, I encounter a few strange things:

1). Sometimes, the FIrestudio Mobile is detected an enabled at boot time, sometimes the red light is blinking. If this happens, I usually unplug and replug the firewire cable, and usually then the Firestudio Mobile is detected.

2) The communication between audio software and Universal Control seems to be screwed up.
Example: I select 48.0 kHz/ 128 BufferSize in the software (e.g. VCV Rack, or Reaper), but then Universal Control jumps to a different settings (e.g. 96 kHz / 64 ). This mismatch is clearly audible in the audio running at the wrong speed. It often takes several attempts to the 'matching' settings.

3) For some settings, I get clear glitches in the audio (probably related to above described mismatch of buffer sizes the software uses and the hardware uses.)

Attached is a small screen recording of attemts to change the audio settings in reaper. But this problem is not restricted to reaper.

Here are some details about the machine:

AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 12-Core Processor 3.70 GHz
X570 AORUS Pro board
IEEE 1394-Hostcontroller (Same as in old PC; newest driver)
NVIDIA GTX1080Ti

Edition Windows 10 Home
Version 20H2
Installiert am ‎11.‎04.‎2021
Betriebssystembuild 19042.1237
Leistung Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.3530.0

Has anybody experienced something like that before, and has an idea how to fix it?

Thanks,
Martin
by groumpf on Sat Nov 06, 2021 6:50 am
Hi,

I realized that I have the same problem.
I had CPU issues with plugins that usually worked well and what I found is that the interface was in 96kHz/64samples while my normal setting is 44kHz/256samples.

As I'm writing the settings are 44kHz/128samples.
It is changing all the time !

How can I fix these settings ?

Driver version : 4.2.1.46437 5884
Windows 10
by BrentZen on Fri Oct 21, 2022 5:03 pm
I have the same issue and only gain some control from my DAW Studio One Pro ver 5. I have posted the details in a separate post. Using the Similar Windows 10 Pro Ver 21H1. Also using the same UC driver 4.2.1.46437 install 5884 UC Driver Ver 1.7.6. My FSM's are also daisy-chained so they both operate from the same UC. I have an older PC that was built by pcaudiolabs back in 2013. I have upgraded it with More RAM, a SolidState Boot Hard drive, and added a GeForce Vid card but I don't believe they have anything to do with this issue. I am considering Uninstalling the UC and possibly a factory reset to the FSM's but I am hesitant as I had lost my Daisy Chain in the past doing that. If you are only running one (FSM) Fire Studio Moble that is a good option to start. Also if you have A PC with Secure Boot enabled in your BIOS, disabling your Secure Boot seems to be a possible fix for some folks with Digital Signature - Code 52 Error.

3 posts
Page 1 of 1