1 post
Page 1 of 1
Comparing Studio One 6 vs Cubase Pro 12: How to efficiently access the sounds (patches) that are stored in an external synth module or keyboard:

Within Cubase Pro 12, after I load a relevant patch script, the track inspector allows me to search for sounds (patches) by name. For example, if I type just three letters, “pia”, a list of piano sounds appears instantly, and all the other sounds are filtered out. To move through the list and audition each piano sound, I can simply press the Down arrow on my *computer* keyboard as I play notes on my *midi* keyboard.

Likewise, in Studio One 6, after I load the relevant patch script, the Sound Variations Editor allows me to search for sounds (patches) by name. But the list of patches does not get filtered as I type, so the entire list remains visible, including numerous sounds that I am not interested in. While I can jump from one piano sound to the next, I cannot see a tidy list of piano-only sounds. In other words, I can search for and find sounds, but I cannot filter the list.

Is there any way to make Studio One behave more like Cubase in this respect?

Notes:

I'm using the demo version of Studio One 6 on Windows 11.
My external synth module is a Roland XV-5080.
To create the patch script for Studio One 6, I converted my existing Cubase patch script to the Studio One format by using Lukas Ruschitzka's free utility at s1toolbox.com

1 post
Page 1 of 1