1 post
Page 1 of 1
Hi all. I got a Behringer X-Touch Compact surface controller as a gift recently and I tried it in S1. Most of the mappings like "track", "pan", and "sends" work more or less acceptable. The part that I was totally disappointed is working with the plugins.

This is why I have decided to create a custom surface mapping file for this controller myself. It was a rough road and still is, but I am a software developer myself, so it is a bit easier for me to mess around with javascript files as well. I have succeded in building the following functionality:

- When you press encoder14 while in Plugin mode (encoder12), S1 will show plugin window and focus the first plugin for the selected channel.
- When you rotate encoder16 while in Plugin mode, S1 will focus next/previous plugin.

I am investigating how to Bypass the currently focused plugin and would like to add one more behavior. I would like to make the following happen:

- When you press buttonA while in Plugin mode, you get a second bank of encoders.

In the attached picture, you can see what is my idea of the process in the Plugins FX mode. Any help in achieving this would be great. I am willing to share all of my files if someone wants to play around with it.

P.S. I read somewhere in the forum that @niles knows a lot on this topic, so if he can help that would be really nice.

Attachments
Controlling plugins.png

1 post
Page 1 of 1