9 posts
Page 1 of 1
I work at a youth center where we use Studio One as our primary DAW to teach music production, and one of the reasons is that we want to provide a DAW that has a good free version. Many of our members have now started to come up to me and say that they cannot find Prime, which is making me a bit nervous. I sat for 30 minutes yesterday with one of our members trying to find Prime but with no result.

Please do tell me that Studio One still have a free version that people can use. And if so, how in gods name do I find it?
by JohnBW on Sun Nov 13, 2022 9:46 am
Download and install the Studio One Demo.

In the activation panel you can select the full 30-day demo of Studio One Pro, or run the Studio One Prime (free) version. See the video here: https://youtu.be/1tLkztlncec

https://my.presonus.com/studioonedemo

Studio One Pro v5.5.2, Win10 Pro
by SwitchBack on Sun Nov 13, 2022 11:01 am
And note that Prime, Artist and Pro are all the same app. Your account gives access to download content and enables functionality depending on the version you registered. So it's good tot remember that in the 30-day trial period you'll be able to download content that will stop working after the trial ends. If the free version is all you're interested in then it may be a good idea to ignore the trial option and select the Prime option before downloading additional content.
by JohnBW on Sun Nov 13, 2022 11:09 am
IMO, PreSonus is being rather silly by obfuscating the Prime download. It wouldn't be that hard to make it easier to locate.

by SwitchBack on Sun Nov 13, 2022 11:20 am
But very understandable, the way they do it. So you know what you're missing out on when you choose to stay on Prime ;)
by leolundgren on Sun Nov 13, 2022 12:58 pm
Thanks for all the helpful answers! I'll be sure to explain how it works to all of our members. :)
by JohnBW on Sun Nov 13, 2022 5:21 pm
SwitchBack wroteBut very understandable, the way they do it. So you know what you're missing out on when you choose to stay on Prime ;)

That's quite obvious!

But PreSonus is not taking into full account the opportunity to acquire future users of the paid versions, such as from these youth center "educational" user scenarios. I doubt most of these young users would be financially ready to upgrade this year, but who knows what might happen in a few years? Why not leave them with most positive feelings as possible towards Studio One?

This is not the way to impress anyone: "Many of our members have now started to come up to me and say that they cannot find Prime, which is making me a bit nervous. I sat for 30 minutes yesterday with one of our members trying to find Prime but with no result."

by collinboyce on Wed Nov 16, 2022 5:33 pm
This was very helpful. I am using Logic Pro but I don't see the perSonus plugins in logic. Not sure what I did incorrectly.
by JohnBW on Wed Nov 16, 2022 6:03 pm
collinboyce wroteThis was very helpful. I am using Logic Pro but I don't see the perSonus plugins in logic. Not sure what I did incorrectly.

Are you using S1 Prime? In that case there are no plugins that can be shared with another DAW such as Logic.

You would need PreSonus Hub installed to use select PreSonus plugins with another host. But I believe that is only available to paid versions of Studio One in your user account. I know it works with Studio One Pro.

9 posts
Page 1 of 1