1 post
Page 1 of 1
First I want to note: I work with a full version of S1 v5, but because it is owned by the studio I work for, I can not register it to my account and the studio I work for does not want (me) to use the forum with a studio account (yet). I asked a moderator if it was possible to grand me acces to the full S1 section without having it registered to my account, because of this reason, but I had no response yet or maybe they didn't receive the message, I still se it in "outbox" but not in "send items". But here is my question:

We have S1 v5, two RM32AI mixers and a CS18AI. Besides studio work, we do the live FOH audio for a touring band and want to use S1 as FOH mixing system with the CS18AI as controller. As far we did the testing, this all works perfectly fine and I have control over all my plugins, even the third party ones. At the moment we use one of the RM32AI mixers with the CS18AI for the live sound and use an iPad with UC Surface to be able to walk around the venue to listen and mix at different spots.

When we are going to use S1 as FOH mix system, we can use the S1 remote app to control S1 with the iPad when we walk around and control the levels and the parameters of S1/Presonus plugins from the iPad, but parameters of the third party plugins are initialy mapped to the CS18AI knobs. To control third party plugins with S1 remote, we have to map those parameters to the S1 remote app. From what I understand is that if we do that, I lose control over the parameters with the CS18AI.

Do I understand that right and if yes, is there a workaround to control the parameters with both the CS18AI and the S1 remote app simultaneously or a very easy way to switch the global control device? Like before I walk away with the iPad, I select the S1 remote device to start controlling all the parameters wich are mapped and when I come back, I can switch back to the CS18AI to control those parameters? If not, what am I overlooking?

Studio One Pro 6.x
HP Elitedesk 800 G3 mini
Windows 10, i7-6700 processor + 16GB RAM
RM32Ai + Dante SL-Mix
CS18Ai

1 post
Page 1 of 1