8 posts
Page 1 of 1
Hello, is there a way to move notes up and down with the mouse while maintaining the exact position of the start of the note?
I've tried pressing ALT or SHIFT + left mouse as many DAWs have, but in Studio One it doesn't work.
I hope there is some way to do it with the mouse, since with the keyboard it is more cumbersome and more time wasted.
by Trucky on Fri Jun 10, 2022 11:15 pm
I actually prefer using the up and down arrows to move notes because it keeps them from moving out of position but you can also use the mouse. I'm not aware of any alternate key to use with the mouse to lock it's position but it works well with "Toggle Snap" enabled.

PLEASE ADD YOUR SYSTEM SPECS TO YOUR SIGNATURE.
Download the SO 6 PDF MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) Subject 2) Description 3) Country 4) Product 5) OS 6) Audio Software

Windows 11 Pro 64-bit (23H2), Studio One 6.5.2 Professional | Notion 6.8.2 | Universal Control v4.2.0.96206
Intel NUC 13 (Intel i5-1340P, Intel Iris Xe Graphics, 32GB RAM, 2TB SSD, Revelator, SIII 32
by Marthins on Sat Jun 11, 2022 7:50 am
Thanks Trucky for the reply. :thumbup: If I use the mouse, the position of the note is most likely to be lost. I've been testing it these days.
That's the reason I wrote asking about it.

To move a note 6 steps up, for example, using arrows you have to press the arrow 6 times, and if you don't like the result and want to go back to how it was before, you have to press CTRL-Z 6 more times. I don't see any advantage in taking so many steps using arrows.

Instead, with the mouse it is a single action, to place the notes and to cancel the action if you do not like the result. One action for place notes, one action for undo, instead 6 actions for place and 6 more if undo using arrows.

For some reason it must be that in most renowned DAWs is possible move notes up and down with the mouse without lose the position pressing ALT or SHIFT + mouse. Even less famous DAWs have enabled the ability to drag notes up and down with mouse keeping the position. For some reason.

Greetings
by Trucky on Sat Jun 11, 2022 11:21 am
With "Toggle Snap" enabled (for the most part) notes stay in position when moving them with the mouse. You can submit a Feature Request for improvement using a key with the mouse:

https://answers.presonus.com/tag/studio+one+5+pro

OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) Subject 2) Description 3) Country 4) Product 5) OS 6) Audio Software

Windows 11 Pro 64-bit (23H2), Studio One 6.5.2 Professional | Notion 6.8.2 | Universal Control v4.2.0.96206
Intel NUC 13 (Intel i5-1340P, Intel Iris Xe Graphics, 32GB RAM, 2TB SSD, Revelator, SIII 32
by Marthins on Sat Jun 11, 2022 12:20 pm
Good idea, I've already been but I can't log in, so I can't post, I guess it's because I have the demo version. Then nothing can be done, I suppose. Thanks for the suggestion.
by Trucky on Sat Jun 11, 2022 12:34 pm
You can download and use Studio One Prime (free version), purchase a subscription to Sphere or purchase a PreSonus hardware device that often includes Studio One Artist.

by Marthins on Sat Jun 11, 2022 2:55 pm
I don't know PreSonus hardware device. Can be an audio interface?
In case I purchase Studio One Artist, will I can post in the general forums?
by Trucky on Wed Jun 22, 2022 7:39 am
You need to purchase software and/or hardware from PreSonus and register it so you can create an account.

8 posts
Page 1 of 1