4 posts
Page 1 of 1
Hi!, I'm trying to merge 2 different MIDI events into a single event, on the same track, but I can't.
I've tried selecting them and typing "g" but, it doesn't, it does a weird thing.
These 2 events are together, I would like to merge them into one.
by SwitchBack on Thu Jun 09, 2022 2:13 am
Yeah, at the moment bouncing sequences seems to move the notes to a different key. As a workaround try stretching the event box of one of them and then copy the notes from the other event into that empty space.
by Marthins on Thu Jun 09, 2022 5:34 am
Thanks SwitchBack. As a workaround I have already done it just as you told me, :+1 but I find it strange to have to do this manually when I think it is a basic function in a DAW.

I think it should be a utility to join 2 or more events in a single event. I can’t believe it doesn't exist. On the other hand, the track does not look the same, the track have several events when I want to have only one.

Anyway, I appreciate your quick response. :)
by garyshepherd on Thu Jun 09, 2022 6:22 am
I must say the Midi merging is a bit of an anomaly - because it appears to be event based you sometimes merge and see notes disappear - especially when using takes and trying to comp.

Please note that I may express opinions that are different from yours but I do not intend to cause offence.
iMac 27" 3.3 GHz Intel Core i5, 32 GB Ram, Monterey 12.7, 64 bit, Studio One 6.5 Professional (always the latest) , Reason 11, Melodyne 5 Studio, Digital Performer 11.2, Korg Legacy Wavestation and M1, Arturia minimoog V, Helix Native 3.71, Bias FX 2 Elite, Superior Drummer 3, EZkeys, EZbass, Nektar Panorama T4, Motu M4, Faderport 2018, Gibson Les Paul Standard, James Tyler Variax JTV-59 and other gear.

4 posts
Page 1 of 1