6 posts
Page 1 of 1
Coming from Reason, I'm getting my head around Studio One Prime. So far, I'm liking what I'm seeing.

One thing I like about Reason is the ability to add a "groove" to a track. It's a non-destructive way to add a groove to a track, including the ability to dial in the amount of groove to use and to shift a track forward or backwards by a small amount to make sure for instance that the hihats are always a bit ahead of the bass drum. Non-destructive is the keyword here.

Am I right in saying Studio One doesn't have this? Any Reason-heads around here that can throw light on this?
by Trucky on Sun May 22, 2022 12:45 pm
Welcome to the Forum!

Here's a link to a list of what features are included in the Studio One 5 versions:

https://www.presonus.com/products/Studio-One/compare-versions

PLEASE ADD YOUR SYSTEM SPECS TO YOUR SIGNATURE.
Download the SO 6 PDF MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) Subject 2) Description 3) Country 4) Product 5) OS 6) Audio Software

Windows 11 Pro 64-bit (23H2), Studio One 6.5.2 Professional | Notion 6.8.2 | Universal Control v4.2.0.96206
Intel NUC 13 (Intel i5-1340P, Intel Iris Xe Graphics, 32GB RAM, 2TB SSD, Revelator, SIII 32
by manuroig on Mon May 23, 2022 6:53 am
Thanks. I had a good look at that list. There doesn’t seem to be anything like Reason’s GrooveMixer in Studio One
by SwitchBack on Mon May 23, 2022 7:55 am
I think with Prime you don’t get full support for that. I’m not sure if Prime offers audio track Quantize but if it does then for lack of Groove Extraction and/or Transient Detection it probably requires manual tempo mapping first to get it to work, as S1 needs tempo data for audio files before it can ‘play’ with it.

Anyway, Quantize is what you need to fiddle with a track’s groove. And in S1 tracks always keep a copy of the unaltered audio so you can always undo your groove changes.
by manuroig on Mon May 23, 2022 8:33 am
I'm starting to realise I'll have to switch my Prime version to the 30-day demo to get all the answers I'm looking for. Thanks.
by marcelhufenbach on Wed Aug 16, 2023 3:28 am
This is the one thing is miss so much since I use Studio One. The Groove Mixer of Reason. I'll never understand why Devs never understand how good it is and speeds up the workflow so much. With the Groove Mixer, I never had to touch any MIDI-notes in the Editor-Window. I just added a groove\swing to a track and that's it. MIDI-Notes always stays the same in the Editor-Window, which makes it clean. No overlapping notes and such annoying stuff.

Mainboard: ASUS TUF Gaming H770-Pro WiFi
CPU: Intel i7-13700
RAM: Corsair Vengeance 32GB DDR5
SSD M2: Samsung 970 EVO Plus
GPU: MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X Trio
Audio Interface: MOTU M2
Controller: Komplete Kontrol S61 MK2, Maschine MK3
DAW: Studio One, Cubase

6 posts
Page 1 of 1