3 posts
Page 1 of 1
Hi everybody !
I have been using Digital Performer for several years and would like to switch to Studio One ;)
However, I use v-racks a lot.
Is there something similar in studio one ?
I would like to be able to modify the sound and settings of certain third-party virtual instruments, FX and Master busses and have this affect several songs at the same time. Is it possible ?
Thanks in advance.
Chris
by garyshepherd on Sat Oct 09, 2021 11:09 am
I made the same journey from DP several years ago. I used v-racks extensively but for the life of me I can barely remember why - I certainly needed to use them (for virtual instruments etc) in DP but the move over to Studio One was to get away from the clunky approach of DP to many things. Certainly I don't need anything like a v-rack in Studio One. You can save plugin effects chains and settings and use these in several songs - you won't need anything like v-racks in Studio One I can assure you. I wouldn't get hung up on the DP way of working - Studio One is so much more intuitive and easy.

Please note that I may express opinions that are different from yours but I do not intend to cause offence.
iMac 27" 3.3 GHz Intel Core i5, 32 GB Ram, Monterey 12.7, 64 bit, Studio One 6.5 Professional (always the latest) , Reason 11, Melodyne 5 Studio, Digital Performer 11.2, Korg Legacy Wavestation and M1, Arturia minimoog V, Helix Native 3.71, Bias FX 2 Elite, Superior Drummer 3, EZkeys, EZbass, Nektar Panorama T4, Motu M4, Faderport 2018, Gibson Les Paul Standard, James Tyler Variax JTV-59 and other gear.
by ChrisLeeRoy on Sun Oct 10, 2021 2:36 am
garyshepherd wroteI made the same journey from DP several years ago. I used v-racks extensively but for the life of me I can barely remember why - I certainly needed to use them (for virtual instruments etc) in DP but the move over to Studio One was to get away from the clunky approach of DP to many things. Certainly I don't need anything like a v-rack in Studio One. You can save plugin effects chains and settings and use these in several songs - you won't need anything like v-racks in Studio One I can assure you. I wouldn't get hung up on the DP way of working - Studio One is so much more intuitive and easy.

OK thank you very much.
I agree that Studio One is faster, more intuitive, and has some very useful features that DP does not.
And after more than 20 years of working with DP it's difficult to switch ... your advice is very useful for me.
Can you please help me with this questions?
I saw that you had like me superior drummer 3, if for example you want to modify the sounds in SD3 for all the songs in an project EP, how do you do that easily and as quickly as using v-racks in DP?
Another example if I want to add an effect to the bass master bus, do I have to reload the chain in each song or is there the possibility that it updates automatically in all of them?
Thanks in advance.
Chris

3 posts
Page 1 of 1