7 posts
Page 1 of 1
I've set up my Midiplus X3 controller as a new external device with the settings as seen below. Despite S1 receiving the MIDI (also pictured below) it will not play the Presence synth nor do the controller transport buttons work. There's probably something simple I'm missing here but I just can't get it to work :(

s1.png
s2.png
s3.png
by headpilot on Mon Aug 23, 2021 5:58 am
No support on this forum? :(
by headpilot on Thu Sep 02, 2021 3:41 pm
Presonus really gives no help at all here? I just want to use my controller and would really appreciate some help.
by Bbd on Thu Sep 02, 2021 6:07 pm
This forum supports users. It is not meant for Presonus Technical Support!
If you have a technical issue with a Presonus product, please open a Support ticket.

Did you watch any of the videos related to your question?
Here's one to start with:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JrecZw04QWU

Make sure after you properly setup your external instrument that you select that as the input device for the track you have your plugin synth connected to.
Looks like you have the input coming into Studio One but don't have the output assigned yet.

Bbd

OS: Win 10 x64 Home, Studio One Pro 6.x, Notion 6, Series III 24, Studio 192, Haswell CPU: i7 4790k @ 4.4GHz, RAM: 32GB, Faderport 8/16, Central Station +, PreSonus Sceptre S6, Eris 3.5, Temblor 10, ATOM, ATOM SQ
by Steve Carter on Thu Sep 02, 2021 11:49 pm
Have you set up your device twice, as a keyboard and a controller?

Windows 10 Pro/i7 6800k @3.4Ghz/16Gb ram. Studio One 6 Pro, Melodyne Editor, Vocalign Project 5, Superior Drummer 3, Izotope Music Production Suite 6, Komplete 13 and various other plugins. Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, Faderport, Focal Alpha 50's, Korg Pa3x, Korg Pad Kontrol, numerous guitars, basses & other antiquated outboard gear.
Maybe one day I'll actually finish a project!
by headpilot on Mon Feb 28, 2022 2:42 pm
Ok so when I have Studio One edit mode selected and click on the instrument track it will play the instrument for that track. Cool. But... if I open the instruments interface and click on the tabs at the top (Presence 1, Presence 2 etc) it won't play the selected instrument, it will still only play the instrument that's selected on the track in edit mode. How do I get it to play the focused instrument from the tabs in the instrument interface?
by patrickviens on Thu Mar 03, 2022 1:19 pm
Studio One doesn't route midi automatically to instruments that are in focus. The midi routing must be defined first using the instrument track routing or each instrument's direct midi input. If you want to play only one specific instrument without setting up a specific routing, you can use the "Instrument Input follows selection" option. But then the element that should be in focus is the track, not the instrument.

Windows 10 64-bit
IntelCore i7-4700MQ @2.40GHz, 16GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GT755M, MOTU Ultra-Lite MK3 Hybrid, IK Multimedia Axe I/O, Axe I/O One, Soundcraft Notepad 12FX Mixer/interface, MOTU Micro Lite Midi Interface, Studio One Professional 6.6

7 posts
Page 1 of 1