12 posts
Page 1 of 1
is there an option in studio one, to switch to pre-fader-metering? so i can see the incomming level of a instrument (vst), instead of the output level, that comes after the fader
by FinalSaga on Tue Dec 09, 2014 2:06 pm
Hey Kristoffer

I don't think you can turn change those meters to input signal. You can see the input signal on the channels themselves only by activating Monitoring or Arm the track
However, There is a section there that will show you all the input channels with meters and all
Hope this helps

Ch33rs
Saga

Studio One v2.x 3.x 4.x-

Windows 10 Ultimate 64Bit
AMD Ryzen (3.4Ghz) and 32gigs RAM
Graphic: Radeon 5700XT

To add your software and hardware specs to your signature to make it easier for us to help you, click HERE.
:)
by matthewgorman on Tue Dec 09, 2014 2:22 pm
Is there even such a thing as input metering for VSTI's. Its all midi data, so nothing is hitting any preamps or converters.

Matt

Lenovo ThinkServer TS140 Win 10 64bit, 8GB RAM, Intel Xeon
Lenovo Thinkpad E520, Windows 7 64bit, 8 GB RAM, Intel i5 Processor

S1Pro V5
by Lawrence on Tue Dec 09, 2014 2:27 pm
+1 For switchable meters, should be standard imo.

I think by incoming and output he meant the mixer channel itself, not the VSTI. I hope anyway.
by lfo2k on Wed Dec 10, 2014 11:10 am
FinalSaga wroteHey Kristoffer

I don't think you can turn change those meters to input signal. You can see the input signal on the channels themselves only by activating Monitoring or Arm the track
However, There is a section there that will show you all the input channels with meters and all

Hope this helps

Ch33rs
Saga

Hello FinalSaga,

thank you for the advice. this is not what i am searching for. i mean pre-fader incomming singnal internaly. i whant so see the volume output of an plug-in (or whatever comes in to the linked channel) "before" it hits the faders output or the fx :)

with the tipp from you, i can only can see the incomming level of the signal that hits my soundcard inputs.

@the studio one engineers: i vote for pre-fader-metering :)
by roblof on Wed Dec 10, 2014 11:22 am
kristofferkern wrote
FinalSaga wroteHey Kristoffer

Hope this helps

Ch33rs
Saga

Hello FinalSaga,

thank you for the advice. this is not what i am searching for. i mean pre-fader incomming singnal internaly. i whant so see the volume output of an plug-in (or whatever comes in to the linked channel) "before" it hits the faders output or the fx :)

with the tipp from you, i can only can see the incomming level of the signal that hits my soundcard inputs.

@the studio one engineers: i vote for pre-fader-metering :)

There are level meters in the fx section that you can insert anywhere you want. This means that you can insert level meters on all fx inputs and outputs even if you have twenty of them!

Studio One Pro v5, Notion 6, Nuendo 11, BitWig v3, Reaper v4, Ableton Live 8 Suite, iMac late 2015, Behringer Wing/x32-BigBoy/x32-rack all with Dante/aes67 and s16/sd16 stageboxes, Flow8, Waves x-wsg with SoundGrid server, Behringer X-Touch, X-Touch ONE, M-Air mr18, X-Air xr18, DP48, Hub4 and p16 monitor systems, TurboSound iQ-speakers, Motör 61, BCR-2000, FirePod 10, Apogee Ensemble, Alesis HD24, NI Komplete 12 Ultimate Collectors, Halion 6, True Temperament Frets on basses and guitars, Katana-100, DT-50, JSX, JCM800, Korg Kronos, Roland vk-7, Behringer Deepmind 12, Behringer Neutron
by lfo2k on Wed Dec 10, 2014 12:48 pm
@roblof: i am afraid, i do not understand what you mean....and i do not mean fx.

look: the volume metering beside the faders are showing me the post-fader (after) volume. i would like to switch to pre-fader (before). that means i would see the level before i touch the fader.
by roblof on Wed Dec 10, 2014 1:28 pm
kristofferkern wrote@roblof: i am afraid, i do not understand what you mean....and i do not mean fx.

look: the volume metering beside the faders are showing me the post-fader (after) volume. i would like to switch to pre-fader (before). that means i would see the level before i touch the fader.

Yes, but waiting for that to happen you have two options.

1) Create a fx-bus and make a send at unity level pre-fader. This will give you a level meter together with the other ones.

2) My initial suggestion. If you insert a level meter (you can find it in the fx list of effects) into the channel insert this will show you the level pre-fader. Since you can place one or many level meters in any position you want you can also watch levels going in and out of your other inserted fx on your channel.

Studio One Pro v5, Notion 6, Nuendo 11, BitWig v3, Reaper v4, Ableton Live 8 Suite, iMac late 2015, Behringer Wing/x32-BigBoy/x32-rack all with Dante/aes67 and s16/sd16 stageboxes, Flow8, Waves x-wsg with SoundGrid server, Behringer X-Touch, X-Touch ONE, M-Air mr18, X-Air xr18, DP48, Hub4 and p16 monitor systems, TurboSound iQ-speakers, Motör 61, BCR-2000, FirePod 10, Apogee Ensemble, Alesis HD24, NI Komplete 12 Ultimate Collectors, Halion 6, True Temperament Frets on basses and guitars, Katana-100, DT-50, JSX, JCM800, Korg Kronos, Roland vk-7, Behringer Deepmind 12, Behringer Neutron
by nelsonleeroy on Fri Jan 30, 2015 7:30 am
lfo2k wroteis there an option in studio one, to switch to pre-fader-metering? so i can see the incomming level of a instrument (vst), instead of the output level, that comes after the fader

Yeah this functionality to achieve proper mixes without clipping @ k-14 for example is mandatory and missing...

Waiting that they fix this, the only workaround I found is to insert for each F*** instrument track or track containing imported waveform the presonus level meter plugin on the first insert on those tracks, then I'll manage the headroom directly by editing the waveform gain or the plugin gain...
by David Mood on Fri Feb 13, 2015 9:08 pm
What makes it even more irritating, is that the level meter is post-fader, but pre-pan.
So changes at the fader get reflected in the meter, changes in pan won't.

Win7 x64 SP1 / i7 2600K / 16 GB RAM / ATI Radeon HD 5450 / ASUS P8P67-M PRO MB
by Dahonkie on Thu Aug 04, 2016 2:01 pm
Hey Guys,

In S1 v3 I would Download The VU-Meter Plugin that is free from Presonus and instantiate I on The First Slot of Every Track. Studio One Expert Even points out that like this you geht some very good meteing for The new console shaper :D
by jonperrett1 on Fri Oct 02, 2020 9:40 pm
Depending on your version you simply right click in the Fader meter and select "pre fader metering. (You know, the level meter left of the fader. Certainly is in S1 4 and 5

12 posts
Page 1 of 1