1 post
Page 1 of 1
Let's say we have a vst instrument patch/plugin preset current parameters state labeled as "state A". Then change/modify whatever value we like, either progressively using automation or turn several knobs right away resulting in a (more or less) altered version of the initial patch/preset (one using a synth's internal fx or lfo for example) resulting in a "state B".
Is there a way to have Studio One recognize these two (or more) states and easily toggle between them at will from bar 1-4, "State A" then from 5-8 "State B" and 9-12 "State A" again?

I guess you could say I am looking for a sort of "Automation Snapshot" where you could experiment modifying your patch/plugin preset parameters without messing with what you've started with, or have to copy/paste multiple automation lanes which isn't exactly practical when you could do that by using a sort of "keyswitch" or something.

I do realize this sounds something like you could do by simply saving your values as a new patch/preset but even if you ignore the extra steps of saving and loading what is essentially an altered version of your current patch/preset, AFAIK the only way to change would be with a "program change" midi message which isn't even supported by every instrument/plugin let alone "changing" into a specific preset.

I really hope that makes sense and I am missing some really obvious feature or at least someone has a workaround?

1 post
Page 1 of 1