3 posts
Page 1 of 1
I'm using the Studio One 4 Pro demo, considering purchasing the product. However, I've been having numerous issues with the software failing to recognize Windows Audio on Windows 10 PC. After a lot of tinkering, I'm finally able to hear audio from my speakers or headphones, yet every time I launch the software (or minimize and then maximize the screen) I'm spammed an error message: "Failed to open Microphone in (Realtek Audio)! Please make sure that the sample rates of your recording and playback devices match."

They do in fact match. 2 channel, 16 bit, 48000hz on both Microphone In and my headphones. (Incidentally, Windows does not let me change the settings on Microphone In anyway.) I have also tried it with "Microphone Array" selected instead of "Microphone In," and it's the same situation if not worse. Settings in Studio One are also set to 48khz. If I happen to be in the settings when the error message appears, the settings briefly show "No Audio Device" of their own accord and then revert to showing "Windows Audio" when I dismiss the error message.

Playback is fine as of right now but the error message is annoying and I'm not sure what's causing it. I love the many features of this software and would happily purchase, but I'm hesitant to do so if the audio interface continues to be an issue.

Thanks for any assistance!

Attachments
studiooneaudiosettings.png
Audio settings after the error message has been dismissed.
studiooneerror.png
Error message and "no audio device" appearing in the background.
by [email protected] on Tue Sep 08, 2020 4:28 am
Hi
I see the same - with realtek interface - just like you.
Did you find any solution?

I dont see this with external interfaces, so that's not an issue here - but every now and then I dont carry the external interface with me, but need to work with S1 and headset with my bare PC. The annoying part ist that this error message keeps popping up every time i alt-tab between S1 and other programs, and windows returns to the application I alt-tab from...

Regards,
-Anders
by jamescolpitts on Wed Nov 24, 2021 2:58 pm
I have the same problem. Did you find a solution?

3 posts
Page 1 of 1