5 posts
Page 1 of 1
Started using Studio One 4.6 three weeks ago. Not my first DAW. Immediately grew fond of it. Yesterday I was working on my third song. I stored it, closed it, and then I closed Studio One. Again I was asked if I wanted to save my song. At the time it seemed a little awkward, because I had just saved and closed my song, but of course I pressed "yes" just to make sure.

Today I open the song and it is empty!! I tried opening the automatic backup but it is empty too. Moreover, everytime I try to open one of the two, new "backups of original" are created, so now I have 4 empty files.

I work with IT for 30 years, but I have never experienced this kind of painful loss. About 30 hours of work and creativity now seem to be gone. I was planning on buying a license, but now I am extremely reluctant to go on. :thumbdown: :cry:

It seems to me Studio One saved an empty layout over an already saved file when I closed the program. But it should never have asked me, because the song was already saved & closed. Any idea what happened here? Any chance to get my song back? The empty container is only 10 KB, so I guess it really is empty. There are not even any items in the pool.

Regards,
Henning
by Bbd on Sat Mar 28, 2020 7:34 pm
Search your drive for any files related.
Your issue has to be from your end as this is not a common one.
Test your saves on a new song and make sure your song path is solid.

Bbd

OS: Win 10 x64 Home, Studio One Pro 6.x, Notion 6, Series III 24, Studio 192, Haswell CPU: i7 4790k @ 4.4GHz, RAM: 32GB, Faderport 8/16, Central Station +, PreSonus Sceptre S6, Eris 3.5, Temblor 10, ATOM, ATOM SQ
by henning7 on Sun Mar 29, 2020 4:16 am
Have done all of that. Please don't give me that "you're a dumb user" answer. I'm a developer for many years, and I don't loose my files or mix up file paths. I save 30+ files a day in multiple applications.

IMO the problem seems to be in Studio One. I closed the application with the top right X-icon, and something in Studio One seems to think that my song (which I SAVED AND CLOSED previously) is still open. It asks me whether to save the song (now an empty desktop), I press "yes", and it saves the empty desktop over the previously saved and closed song.

Regards,
Henning
by Bbd on Sun Mar 29, 2020 7:03 am
I did not give a dumb user answer. It was meant to make sure you did the basics.
If this happens to you again, please contact support.

Bbd

OS: Win 10 x64 Home, Studio One Pro 6.x, Notion 6, Series III 24, Studio 192, Haswell CPU: i7 4790k @ 4.4GHz, RAM: 32GB, Faderport 8/16, Central Station +, PreSonus Sceptre S6, Eris 3.5, Temblor 10, ATOM, ATOM SQ
by gospeltunes on Fri Jul 30, 2021 8:56 am
This has happened to me too. Every now and then, I will save and close, and then I see the same song still open. Or I save and close, and I open the file and all the changes I have made (MIDI and audio) are not there. Then I will have no problem for a couple of months, but then it crops up again. I have no idea what's happening.

5 posts
Page 1 of 1