7 posts
Page 1 of 1
Greetings all—
In cubase, when you are browsing your VSTs, simply clicking on a name (not double clicking) and pausing 1 second will load the sound in the background so you can audition the basic/stock version of the sound before dragging it into the score. At the moment, the only way I can hear sounds in studio one is to drag the instrument into the score, play it for a moment, and then delete it. Surely there is a setting I'm missing?
by jamesrichardson11 on Tue Nov 19, 2019 7:46 am
I've got to say... I'm rather amazed that there hasn't been a single response from anyone in four days. I'm guessing presonus moderators don't even check this lonely corner of the forum. Sad, really. Doesn't give me much hope for support for purchasing the full version.
by Steve Carter on Sat Nov 23, 2019 11:17 pm
Hi James - sorry that you haven't had a response - it's not typical but be aware that this forum is run by 'independent' moderators and is not monitored by Presonus directly but just hosted on the Presonus website. If you want input directly from Presonus you'll need to raise a contact ticket.

I don't have an answer for you other than to say that if I'm searching for a particular sound (from a VSTi) I load the VST instrument onto a track (just drag from the instrument browser) and search through the instrument presets using the instrument plugin interface - seems easy enough to me.

Hope you get a better answer - regards....

Windows 10 Pro/i7 6800k @3.4Ghz/16Gb ram. Studio One 6 Pro, Melodyne Editor, Vocalign Project 5, Superior Drummer 3, Izotope Music Production Suite 6, Komplete 13 and various other plugins. Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, Faderport, Focal Alpha 50's, Korg Pa3x, Korg Pad Kontrol, numerous guitars, basses & other antiquated outboard gear.
Maybe one day I'll actually finish a project!
by jameslee76 on Fri Aug 26, 2022 7:08 am
In Studio One 5.5, they still haven't implemented a preview feature in the browser window.

I don't know, maybe they want to be different from Ableton Live

by remaining more inconvenient.

Yeah, yeah... I know I can drag any instrument onto a track and then

listen to it. But hey, it's still a few more clicks and cumbersome.

Also will they ever let us import SFZ directly to Presence?

I'm not saying S1 is terrible, but I get the feeling that they've

purposely taken out some basic features...
by JohnBW on Fri Aug 26, 2022 4:28 pm
jameslee76 wrote
I don't know, maybe they want to be different from Ableton Live

by remaining more inconvenient.

Yeah, yeah... I know I can drag any instrument onto a track and then

listen to it. But hey, it's still a few more clicks and cumbersome.

I have Ableton and it still requires you to drag a 3rd party instrument onto a track to audition it's sounds.

Are you just referring to the stock PreSonus instruments?

Studio One Pro v5.5.2, Win10 Pro
by jameslee76 on Tue Aug 30, 2022 11:52 pm
Actually I haven't digged in Ableton deep enough, so I didn't try using external VSTi in it.

If memory serves, I remember being able to preview stock instrument sounds in the browser of Ableton.

In S1, there's no way I can preview, or "pre-listen" instrument sounds in the browser, be it stock or external.

I can preview loops and wav files in the browser, though. Then, they could've just played C3 sound when I click on any instrument.
If Presonus could implement prelisten feature(+ SFZ import support), it couldn't be better.

Wish you a happy music life :)
by JohnBW on Wed Aug 31, 2022 10:24 am
jameslee76 wroteActually I haven't digged in Ableton deep enough, so I didn't try using external VSTi in it.

If memory serves, I remember being able to preview stock instrument sounds in the browser of Ableton.

In S1, there's no way I can preview, or "pre-listen" instrument sounds in the browser, be it stock or external.

I can preview loops and wav files in the browser, though. Then, they could've just played C3 sound when I click on any instrument.
If Presonus could implement prelisten feature(+ SFZ import support), it couldn't be better.

Wish you a happy music life :)

With S1 instruments, it's simply a matter of the ".preset" or ".soundset" files needing an instrument to play them with. They are not audio files or musicloops.

So without a preview system such as Native Instruments NKS, which offers short ".ogg" audio files to preview each preset sound with, you will need an instance of the actual instrument to play the preset sound with. So no shortcuts around that requirement. It is what it is. ;)

Studio One Pro v5.5.2, Win10 Pro

7 posts
Page 1 of 1