3 posts
Page 1 of 1
I dropped a midi file into studio one prime. It plays but sounds slightly different.
Without doing any editing, I then save the file as midi. When I play the saved midi file in windows, it sounds very different as if some percussion instruments is turned into pianos.

I attached the original midi file, and the midi file that has been saved.

What's going on? How can I make this work?

windows 8.1
studio one prime 4.5.2.53232 win x64 (built Jul 9 2019)

Attachments

[ Play Quicktime file ] FlyMeToTheMoon saved.mid [ 26.85 KiB | Viewed 1501 times ]

[ Play Quicktime file ] FlyMeToTheMoon.mid [ 26.07 KiB | Viewed 1501 times ]

by scottyo7 on Wed Jul 31, 2019 1:12 pm
I don't know everything and may not understand you here but...
Won't it sound different based upon which instrument set you've selected on the track where the midi file was dropped?

I'm not sure which 'default' instrument set S1 uses but if you select a B3 or a Violin (for example, in Presence XT) the midi notes follow that instrument don't they?

Please add your System-Gear-Info to your Profile here.
-S1 Pro 5.5.2. Win11 Pro 22H2. Behringer UMC404HD. Melodyne Studio 5.3.1.018.
-MSI 12th Gen i7, 16GB, 1GB SSD x2, 7200rpm 2TB HD, NVIDIA RTX 3060.
-EZD3 & EZD2. Helix Native, Scuffham S-Gear. iZotope Ozone 5.
-Akai MPK249. 6 Guitars. Line 6 Helix LT, 2 POD's & an E-bow. 8-)
-Adam Audio T8V's. Dual 28" ViewSonic Displays. Rode NT1. SM58. Original Faderport.

-Just My Songs
-My Previous Band: 2GUYZINABASEMENT
by Lawrence on Thu Aug 15, 2019 4:26 am
I then save the file as midi. When I play the saved midi file in windows, it sounds very different as if some percussion instruments is turned into pianos.

Studio One doesn't make Standard MIDI files for the web or whatever as it doesn't export program changes. Your Windows synth isn't assigning the correct sounds to the tracks because there's no program changes in the file.

If you need to make SMF's that use GM patches you'll have to use another sequencer.

3 posts
Page 1 of 1