9 posts
Page 1 of 1
Hi, I posted this elsewhere but couldn't find the topic/thread when I came back. Think I accidentally put it in one of those "do not post questions here" areas.

Anyway, I just have two quick questions:
1. Is there an audio scrubbing facility (always seems odd to me that people dealing with music/sound would want to do things by eye rather than by ear)?

2. Is it possible to export a project as split stereo? So two mono files, one for Left and one for Right?
by scottyo7 on Wed May 08, 2019 11:43 am
Answer to Q1:
Audio Scrubbing is done with the "Listen" Tool. It's icon is a speaker at the right end of the 'Edit' tool bar. Click to Select it, then move to the event to scrub then click & hold the left mouse button to listen to event. Release mouse button to stop play/scrub.

Please add your System-Gear-Info to your Profile here.
-S1 Pro 5.5.2. Win11 Pro 22H2. Behringer UMC404HD. Melodyne Studio 5.3.1.018.
-MSI 12th Gen i7, 16GB, 1GB SSD x2, 7200rpm 2TB HD, NVIDIA RTX 3060.
-EZD3 & EZD2. Helix Native, Scuffham S-Gear. iZotope Ozone 5.
-Akai MPK249. 6 Guitars. Line 6 Helix LT, 2 POD's & an E-bow. 8-)
-Adam Audio T8V's. Dual 28" ViewSonic Displays. Rode NT1. SM58. Original Faderport.

-Just My Songs
-My Previous Band: 2GUYZINABASEMENT
by matthewgorman on Wed May 08, 2019 11:54 am
#2 is a no, unfortunately.

Matt

Lenovo ThinkServer TS140 Win 10 64bit, 8GB RAM, Intel Xeon
Lenovo Thinkpad E520, Windows 7 64bit, 8 GB RAM, Intel i5 Processor

S1Pro V5
by SwitchBack on Wed May 08, 2019 3:52 pm
But for #2 you can of course export in stereo, then find that file in Studio One’s browser, right-click it and select ‘split to mono files’ ;)
by matthewgorman on Wed May 08, 2019 4:05 pm
SwitchBack wroteBut for #2 you can of course export in stereo, then find that file in Studio One’s browser, right-click it and select ‘split to mono files’ ;)

Helloooo.......Newman

Matt

Lenovo ThinkServer TS140 Win 10 64bit, 8GB RAM, Intel Xeon
Lenovo Thinkpad E520, Windows 7 64bit, 8 GB RAM, Intel i5 Processor

S1Pro V5
by philipmorey1 on Thu May 09, 2019 3:33 am
Thanks for all the helpful hints everyone. The split stereo work-around is crafty. Cheers, I'll go and have a play.
by SwitchBack on Thu May 09, 2019 3:37 am
matthewgorman wrote
SwitchBack wroteBut for #2 you can of course export in stereo, then find that file in Studio One’s browser, right-click it and select ‘split to mono files’ ;)

Helloooo.......Newman

Helloooo.... Jerry ;)
by Lawrence on Thu May 09, 2019 5:03 am
I suppose it's time for Elaine to chime in, or maybe George's daddy. Festivus!! :)

Scrubbing: Nope, nada, no way Jose. Studio One doesn't currently scrub anything although Melodyne does, kinda, I think.

Export a stereo file to two mono files: Not automatically or unassisted, no. But of course Studio One is an audio workstation so it's not very difficult to create routing to do that.
by malcolmmiddleton1 on Sun Feb 21, 2021 5:57 am
matthewgorman wrote#2 is a no, unfortunately.

That doesn't scrub, it just plays from the point i press, where is the tool that does the same as the scrub tool in Pro Tools? You hold down your mouse button, drag it, and it plays the audio at the speed you drag so you can hone in ona click or pop. Where is that in Studio One?

9 posts
Page 1 of 1