1 post
Page 1 of 1
I am a newbie of studio one and I am returning to compose music after 14 years of stop then I have bought some instrument and I am tryng to assemble an homestudio.
I have purchased a Casio CTX3000 to use it like midi keyboard and to use its wonderful sound engine. I would like to use Studio One Prime like DAW and midi sequencer because is very clean and easy to use (and learn) but I have encountered some difficulties with the Midi tracks, specially to interface and use an external instrument like my Casio CTX3000.

The problem is the sound bank selection in Studio One Prime, the Program / Bank/prog Change menu in Inspector doesn't appers instantly when you choose a new external instrument via Midi, but We have to slide the panels (and in the support site is not correctly described) and to recall one of the 800 sounds (or Drum Sets) from the CTX3000 the correct way is to set a midi channel, set the MSB Value of the sound x 128 (for example if the MSB is 30 you have to apply the formula 30x128 then the value to put is 3840) and put it in Bank field and the number of instrument + 1 (the Casio numbers the instruments from 0 to 127 but in studio one the programs start from 1 to 128 for example if the tone number is 30 you have to put 31) in Prog field. In this way you will be able to set the right tone to use in yuor midi track.

I have tested the other MIDI parameters like volume, pan etc and seems that the Casio responds well.

I hope that this can help you if you got a CTX3000 :D

1 post
Page 1 of 1