18 posts
Page 1 of 1
Hi,

I have a Xenyx x1204 and studio one won't recognize it's inputs..
I have configured it and have it to work on my mac and after contacting Behringer they told me that it should work well on my Mac..
So I want to know if there is any way I can configure my xenyx so studio one can recognize its inputs.

On the audio device setup my mixer apears as USB Codec.

Don't know what information you may need more, still novice at this, sorry.
by scottyo7 on Sat Nov 01, 2014 11:26 pm
Well this is on it's info page...

Free Software Would Be Nice!

Because you’ll want to take full advantage of the XENYX X1204USB’s recording and podcasting potential, we’ve included all the software you’ll need for audio recording, editing and even podcasting – all free of charge and downloadable from behringer.com. You’ll be ready to go live on your PC or Mac right out of the box! We’ve also provided a free download of more than 150 virtual instruments and FX plug-ins – turning your computer into a powerful home-based or mobile recording studio from input to output.
... meaning it should be able to interface to other DAW's.

Check that you have loaded the PC drivers that came with it. Once you do, you'll need to confirm it is seen by S1 in the options tab... see this video:
http://support.presonus.com/entries/21499959-USAGE-Setting-Up-Your-Audio-Device

Please add your System-Gear-Info to your Profile here.
-S1 Pro 5.5.2. Win11 Pro 22H2. Behringer UMC404HD. Melodyne Studio 5.3.1.018.
-MSI 12th Gen i7, 16GB, 1GB SSD x2, 7200rpm 2TB HD, NVIDIA RTX 3060.
-EZD3 & EZD2. Helix Native, Scuffham S-Gear. iZotope Ozone 5.
-Akai MPK249. 6 Guitars. Line 6 Helix LT, 2 POD's & an E-bow. 8-)
-Adam Audio T8V's. Dual 28" ViewSonic Displays. Rode NT1. SM58. Original Faderport.

-Just My Songs
-My Previous Band: 2GUYZINABASEMENT
by RyanRoullard on Wed Nov 19, 2014 12:37 pm
Are you trying to get multi-channel audio out of the X1204 and into Studio One? Unfortunately, the X1204's USB output is a stereo output, not multi-channel.

Ryan Roullard
Documentation Manager
PreSonus Audio Electronics

Windows 10 Professional
3.60 gigahertz Intel Core i9-9900K
16 gigs RAM
ASRock Z390 Pro4 Mobo

Studio One 5 Professional
Quantum interface
ATOM SQ
by elmerdiogo on Sat Dec 20, 2014 1:50 pm
Im having the same problem with xenyx behringer 18...i tried with garageband,ableton live all working well...presonus i just cant get signal input...
have you solve the problem?
by stephenparrish on Thu Jan 15, 2015 10:14 pm
Got my XENYX working tonight. In audio device I choose the ASIO (mine is ASIO4ALL V2.10). The Behringer driver I had on my list didn't work. The ASIO driver is a free download. I've had it for a while. Go to it's control panel. I listen through the headphone jack and a pair of monitors. I activated my computer's sound card (Realtech HD or the like, click the little box next to it) and turned off the "in" and on the "out" (blue arrow in it's little box). Then, activate the USB codec too, and turn on the "in" and off the "out". All is good. Took a few minutes to figure it out. I couldn't find anything in the manual .pdf about this. Good luck, Mike
by johnludwig on Wed Oct 14, 2015 4:43 pm
RyanRoullard wroteAre you trying to get multi-channel audio out of the X1204 and into Studio One? Unfortunately, the X1204's USB output is a stereo output, not multi-channel.

Is this the same issue with the Q1202USB? Only outputs in stereo, not multi channel?
by Vatche on Thu Oct 15, 2015 7:46 am
I have the same issue on my Macbook Air. No inputs can be selected in the Audio I/O setup. So I cannot record any audio from my Behringer Xenyx Q502USB. I can select the driver, but no inputs, outputs are OK.
Any help?

RecordingStudio9.com
StudioLive 16 Ser III | Studio 1824 | Studio Channel Tube PreAmplifier | Studio One V4 Pro | Eris E8 Studio Monitors | i7, 16Gb RAM, Win 10 64Bit
by Vatche on Thu Oct 15, 2015 4:29 pm
Well, if you install Studio One Prime on first go and not the DEMO version on macbook or iMac, you cannot select the inputs in the I/O!
Install the DEMO V3 first, then you can set the input I/O. Might need to create aggregate audio.
You can then wait for 30 days or re-activate PRIME and you can then set the input I/O. Make sure you set it correctly as once you go back to PRIME from DEMO, you can no longer set the input I/O again! Annoying!
I understand the 2 input limit, but you should still be able to select which 2 inputs any time, and audio interface.
Hope PreSonus can correct this in the future, otherwise what is the point of free if it is not usable?

RecordingStudio9.com
StudioLive 16 Ser III | Studio 1824 | Studio Channel Tube PreAmplifier | Studio One V4 Pro | Eris E8 Studio Monitors | i7, 16Gb RAM, Win 10 64Bit
by gnuus on Tue Jan 19, 2016 3:41 am
Vatche wroteI have the same issue on my Macbook Air. No inputs can be selected in the Audio I/O setup. So I cannot record any audio from my Behringer Xenyx Q502USB. I can select the driver, but no inputs, outputs are OK.
Any help?

I have the same problem on the iMac with Studio One 3 Artist, any help?

Studio One Artist with PlugIn extensions
iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 - 16 GB 1333MHz DDR3
Mac OS X 10.12.3
Zoom TAC-2 audio interface
Zoom ZED6FX Mixer
Roland TD-11KV
2BOX Drumit Five - BOSS ME-25
Samson Graphite 49 Keyboard - Ableton Live 9.7
https://myspace.com/aftronics/music/songs
by nickpaterson2 on Mon Jan 25, 2016 7:41 am
I am using same mixer without the X and no problems.

Some tips:

- Remember output is stereo so you have just 2 outputs from the main mix coming into S1. However, you can record two mixer channel inputs at the same time by panning one hard left and the other hard right. Then select L / R input accordingly in S1 for the selected track you wish to record to. Monitor what is coming into S1 by selecting 2TR/USB switch which will "kill the pan" so to speak.

- Get the ASIO ALL driver and make sure that the settings are set correctly for output and input to/from the Xenyx.
by big_paddy on Tue Apr 05, 2016 10:06 am
I have not had any luck from Behringer or Presonus about this issue. I have the X1204USB and it does not want to talk to S1. Both sides say it is the others fault.
Has anyone had any luck getting these two to communicate?
I have configured, Watched every video from Presonus, Read all the Threads, and nothing worked.
Extremely frustrating that the two companies are denying any wrong doing and on top of that , NO HELP! All I get from Presonus is "Look at these forum topics" . Behringer actually called me and ran me through the set up and my MAC was talking to the Mixer so a little help from them. Presonus then points the finger at Behringer. bleep!! I would like to use this smaller mixer for other projects and leave my Studio Live at home already dialed in and mixed up. FFS!
ANY IDEAS!
Thanks,
SeanG
by matiasvalenzuela1 on Wed Jun 08, 2016 7:13 pm
Hello all,

I was having the same problem and I know how frustrating is!. Follow these steps and you will have your mixer working properly.

1) Install the driver from the Behringer website under download. The company gives you a general driver called ASIOforall. Once you install the driver, restart your computer.

2) Start Studio One and click in "Configure Audio Device" (don't go to external devices, as that is use to add a new MIDI device even though it says add new controller).

3) Once Audio Setup is open, select Asio4all v2 and select control panel. You should see a popup window. Make sure the LineOUT is on so you can hear the sound from the computer and make sure both Linein and out are on under Audio USB and click ok.

4) Create a new song with 8 channel multitrack and go to "song /---> song setup ----> audio I/O setup ----> and you will see the number of inputs of your mixer. If you have a microphone connected on channel 2, make sure the blue square is selected and for output make sure both squares are selected.

5) Start a recording and you will be able to hear yourself.

Remember, don't go to external devices but to AUDIO SETUP.
by thomasneel on Thu Aug 04, 2016 8:31 pm
big_paddy wroteI have not had any luck from Behringer or Presonus about this issue. I have the X1204USB and it does not want to talk to S1. Both sides say it is the others fault.
Has anyone had any luck getting these two to communicate?
I have configured, Watched every video from Presonus, Read all the Threads, and nothing worked.
Extremely frustrating that the two companies are denying any wrong doing and on top of that , NO HELP! All I get from Presonus is "Look at these forum topics" . Behringer actually called me and ran me through the set up and my MAC was talking to the Mixer so a little help from them. Presonus then points the finger at Behringer. bleep!! I would like to use this smaller mixer for other projects and leave my Studio Live at home already dialed in and mixed up. FFS!
ANY IDEAS!
Thanks,
SeanG

SeanG,
Hope this helps everyone ever having problems with any of the Behringer Xenyx mixers.

I just spent a good part of 6 hours contemplating smoking again because I had run around from Personus, Behringer, and Apple. All of whom didn't seem to want to help.

If you can't get Studio One 3 to recognize your audio input do this.
=On desktop page up on the tool bar, click Go.
=Click Utilities
=Click Audio Midi Setup
=Click the + button on the bottom left and add an Aggregate device.
=Add both the usbcodec in and out to it, making sure that both are set at the same sample rate.

That's it. Good luck. . off to tell more people ...
by saulhernandez4 on Fri Aug 19, 2016 1:08 am
That' s work for me. Thanks!
OSX El Capitan - Behringer Xenix 302 USB - Studio One Prime
by jessebauer1 on Sun Mar 05, 2017 9:34 pm
stephenparrish wroteGot my XENYX working tonight. In audio device I choose the ASIO (mine is ASIO4ALL V2.10). The Behringer driver I had on my list didn't work. The ASIO driver is a free download. I've had it for a while. Go to it's control panel. I listen through the headphone jack and a pair of monitors. I activated my computer's sound card (Realtech HD or the like, click the little box next to it) and turned off the "in" and on the "out" (blue arrow in it's little box). Then, activate the USB codec too, and turn on the "in" and off the "out". All is good. Took a few minutes to figure it out. I couldn't find anything in the manual .pdf about this. Good luck, Mike

This absolutely worked for me, thanks Mike! I switched it up a bit for my setup, I installed the ASIO4ALL 2.3 driver, opened Studio One 3, went to "options" (CTRL , ), clicked Audio Setup, drop down beside Audio Device, then selected ASIO4ALL. Clicked the "Control Panel" button, I wanted the output to come to my Xenyx Control2USB for monitoring and second studio room audio listening. I also wanted to select which ever input my recordings were coming from, in this case, the UMC 1820. clicked on the "Advanced Options" wrench icon to get the plus symbols beside the audio device menu on the left pane. de-selected the audio input and output from the Realtek drivers, selected the "USB Audio CODEC" for the Behringer Xenyx Control2USB power on to get my blue arrows, then de-selected the input and selected (blue arrow ON) the Out. Did the reverse for the Behringer UMC 1820, de-selected the UMC Out and selected the UMC Input for recording. Clicked the "X" to close the control panel OK at the bottom and OK for Studio One Options .

BehringerXenyxASIO4ALL.jpg

Everything played back fine, and my Audio I/O setup for the song showed UMC inputs ready..

Thanks man, I think Behringer should have a link to this topic on their support site. no info there otherwise.
by miguellizana on Thu Mar 30, 2017 3:17 pm
Tenia el mismo problema, no podia habilitar las entradas de mi tarjeta Xenyx en Studio One 3 hasta que encontré esta aplicacion > https://rogueamoeba.com/loopback/ es como una tarjeta de sonido virtual donde puedes configurar entradas y salidas de audio del computador.

---

1.- Esta es la configuración que utilice en LoopBack

---

2 esta es la que utilice en mi mac en Configuracion de audio MIDI
cree un nuevo dispositivo virtual llamado Studio One

---

3.- Y esto es lo que hice en Studio One

--

4.- Por ultimo

---

Espero les pueda servir como me ayudo a mi. Abrazos.
by Vatche on Wed Apr 19, 2017 9:16 pm
gnuus wrote
Vatche wroteI have the same issue on my Macbook Air. No inputs can be selected in the Audio I/O setup. So I cannot record any audio from my Behringer Xenyx Q502USB. I can select the driver, but no inputs, outputs are OK.
Any help?

I have the same problem on the iMac with Studio One 3 Artist, any help?

Well, if you install Studio One Prime on first go and not the DEMO version on macbook or iMac, you cannot select the inputs in the I/O!
Install the DEMO V3 first, then you can set the input I/O. Might need to create aggregate audio.
You can then wait for 30 days or re-activate PRIME and you can then set the input I/O. Make sure you set it correctly as once you go back to PRIME from DEMO, you can no longer set the input I/O again! Annoying!
I understand the 2 input limit, but you should still be able to select which 2 inputs any time, and audio interface.
Hope PreSonus can correct this in the future, otherwise what is the point of free if it is not usable?

RecordingStudio9.com
by Vatche on Wed Apr 19, 2017 9:23 pm
I kept having issues with Behringer Xenyx USB mixers and ASIO3ALL driver. Though ASIO4ALL works great with other USB interfaces.
I get best results by using the original (but no longer supported) Behringer drivers. Both 32bit and 64bit drivers available for download from my web site http://recordingstudio9.com/about/download/

RecordingStudio9.com

18 posts
Page 1 of 1