4 posts
Page 1 of 1
I am using Pro Tools HDX now and Pro Tools for many years...but for many common reasons as many other Pro Tools users I am considering to move to other DAW and Studio One seems a very great option.
So Before jumping into Studio One for evaluation and learn about the many amazing Studio One features that Pro Tools do not have and who knows if they will implement those in the next 10 years.... I want to know if certain Pro Tools features I need exist or have an equivalent in Studio One.

1- Windows Configuration: to be able to store Open Windows. for example all the Vocal Plugins in your face: window Config 1

2-Can you have Floating Faders?? lets say Vox, Kick and Send Faders Floating in the middle of the Screen?

3-Group Channels.

4-Assign an a track to multiple output and buses example Track 1 goes to output 2 and bus 3 at the same time

5-Sends Pro and Pre Fader

6-Pre and Post Track Metering

7-Is the Delay Compensation better than in Pro Tools?

8-Be able to make many track width bigger or smaller at once

Thanks@
by snb1 on Wed Jan 23, 2019 1:47 am
AMIEL wroteI am using Pro Tools HDX now and Pro Tools for many years...but for many common reasons as many other Pro Tools users I am considering to move to other DAW and Studio One seems a very great option.
So Before jumping into Studio One for evaluation and learn about the many amazing Studio One features that Pro Tools do not have and who knows if they will implement those in the next 10 years.... I want to know if certain Pro Tools features I need exist or have an equivalent in Studio One.

1- Windows Configuration: to be able to store Open Windows. for example all the Vocal Plugins in your face: window Config 1

2-Can you have Floating Faders?? lets say Vox, Kick and Send Faders Floating in the middle of the Screen?

3-Group Channels.

4-Assign an a track to multiple output and buses example Track 1 goes to output 2 and bus 3 at the same time

5-Sends Pro and Pre Fader

6-Pre and Post Track Metering

7-Is the Delay Compensation better than in Pro Tools?

8-Be able to make many track width bigger or smaller at once

Thanks@

1. Something like that, but not exactly

2. Yes

3. Yes

4. Yes

5. Yes

6. Post on the Master channel, not audio or instrument channels

7. Don't know bout that one but the automatic delay compensation in Studio One is pretty solid

8. Yes

Hope that helps.

Studio One Pro 6.5.1 64 bit, macOS Monterey 12.6, 14" MacBook Pro M1 (2021),16gb ram, 512 SSD, 8-core CPU

SkipNo Beet
by Steve Carter on Wed Jan 23, 2019 10:34 pm
Full Professional version of Studio One available for 'free' 30 day evaluation - should answer most of your question.

https://www.presonus.com/products/Studi ... studio-one

Regards...

Windows 10 Pro/i7 6800k @3.4Ghz/16Gb ram. Studio One 6 Pro, Melodyne Editor, Vocalign Project 5, Superior Drummer 3, Izotope Music Production Suite 6, Komplete 13 and various other plugins. Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, Faderport, Focal Alpha 50's, Korg Pa3x, Korg Pad Kontrol, numerous guitars, basses & other antiquated outboard gear.
Maybe one day I'll actually finish a project!
by snb1 on Wed Jan 23, 2019 10:38 pm
Yeah try the demo. You'll have a better feel of the daw hands on and you'll be able to compare them side by side.

Studio One Pro 6.5.1 64 bit, macOS Monterey 12.6, 14" MacBook Pro M1 (2021),16gb ram, 512 SSD, 8-core CPU

SkipNo Beet

4 posts
Page 1 of 1