2 posts
Page 1 of 1
Hi,

I'm a new user here and this is actually not a posting about support, but more of my thoughts during 2 day evaluation period. I stumbled upon studio one randomly on Youtube, and that made me download the demo. I've used Reaper and Renoise by this far, but recently I have thought to move to some other DAW... And here I find Studio One very great and the workflow fits mostly for my liking. I'm quite convinced already to make my decision of purchase although I need to start to spare for the Artist version with VST-support plugin... for a hobbyist it's quite a lot...

Anyway, by this far I haven't found a global octave shift/transpose for midi input, I have only 5 octave keyb which doesn't have transpose for midi output, does it exists some where?

The most best feature for me is the pattern editor, but I wish there would be some future updates on step editors. I find entering notes in steps are quite difficult.

Issue for me is in "normal mode" is:
I can't automatically set a rest after entering a note. Let's assume I'm entering 16th notes with 16th rests: To enter the phrase I need to reach to my mouse every second note (which is the rest), this makes it very slow. It's also very uncomfortable since the placement of my keyboard and computer.

As I come from Renoise -world, I find the pattern editor is the most valuable thing ever! I really wish and hope it could be super charged in future:
  • I can't mix note lengths. Would be epic feature to be able to stretch the lengths to next full step value. For Musical patterns I usually need also 8th and 4th notes and it's not currently possible.
  • I can't transpose musical patterns. On a piano roll it's possible, but not for pattern editor. Let's say I'm programming a bass riff with a pattern, how cool would it be to just make new pattern and transpose it and change just few notes, if needed. Copy-paste for lane doesn't work, it works in rhythm editor as you can copy a lane and paste it to another.
  • Repeat and probability is column based only, it would be epic to have this possible per note too.

I wish there would be more tutorials for beginners, to show best practices and introduce various workflows, or then I haven't searched good enough...
by Trucky on Wed Jun 20, 2018 11:18 pm

PLEASE ADD YOUR SYSTEM SPECS TO YOUR SIGNATURE.
Download the SO 6 PDF MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) Subject 2) Description 3) Country 4) Product 5) OS 6) Audio Software

Windows 11 Pro 64-bit (23H2), Studio One 6.6 Professional | Notion 6.8.2 | Universal Control v4.2.0.96206
Intel NUC 13 (Intel i5-1340P, Intel Iris Xe Graphics, 32GB RAM, 2TB SSD, Revelator, SIII 32

2 posts
Page 1 of 1