5 posts
Page 1 of 1
Hi,

I'm currently testing S1 3 using the Prime Version. I noticed a very strange behaviour with my audio device which is a Focusrite Scarlett 18i20. When using the device in S1 I'm not able to use any other application which wants access to the device, like watching YouTube videos in any browser. There simply is not playback possible.

On the other hand, if I have a YouTube Video opened, but paused, I'm not able to switch back or even start S1 as it states that the audio device can not be initialized. The Option to free the Audio device if in background does not help.

For me this makes S1 completely unusable as it would require to always close the S1 session just to look up something on YouTube or listen to a local audio track.

By the way. This does happen with Reaper at all. I can switch between youtube sessions (even running ones) and the Reaper session without any issues with the same device and ASIO driver.

Is there an option or configuration which might help?

Many thanks
Sebastian
by Bbd on Thu Jan 25, 2018 7:28 am
Go to S1's Options/Audio Setup/Audio Device and check "Release audio device in background" and see if that helps.

Bbd

OS: Win 10 x64 Home, Studio One Pro 6.x, Notion 6, Series III 24, Studio 192, Haswell CPU: i7 4790k @ 4.4GHz, RAM: 32GB, Faderport 8/16, Central Station +, PreSonus Sceptre S6, Eris 3.5, Temblor 10, ATOM, ATOM SQ
by sebastianwiemer on Mon Jan 29, 2018 3:50 am
Actually this was resolved with the help from Presonus Support.

Go to S1's Options/Audio Setup/Audio Device and check "Release audio device in background" and see if that helps.

Thanks for the suggestion, but this alone does not resolve the issue.

The support stated that this issue is known to be related to Windows 10 Updates which change the audio device configuration. You just need to verify if the Sample-Rate for the playback and recording devices in Windows sound manager is set to the same sample rate as SO3.

Right click on speaker in taskbar -> <Playback & Recording> -> Select your Audio Interface -> Properties -> Advanced

I set this to '2channels, 16Bit, 48000Hz' for both selections. I also checked that the same samplerate is set in my ASIO driver which is managed by Focusrite MixControl.

With this settings I have no issues switching between audio playback applications.
by jpettit on Mon Jan 29, 2018 11:35 am
It also helps to uncheck the advanced exclusive option on all your exposed I/O on your interface. Lao keep an eye on it as updates to divers often but it back.

My Website, Free Studio One Advance Training
SPECS: Win 11 23H2, 18 Core i9: 32Gb DDR4 ram, 42" 4K monitor, StudioLive 24/16, Faderport16, Central Station Plus, Sceptre 6, Sceptre 8, Temblor T10, Eris 4.5, HP60, Studio One Pro latest, Test Platforms Reaper latest, Cakewalk latest
by scottyo7 on Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:55 am
I have Win8.1: but one of the Windows updates about 3 weeks ago messed up my Firewire AI.

What I did was go into the Device Manager (DM) and 'uninstall' it's driver then Restart the PC.
The drivers would reload and things would work... but only for a few days then I had to do it again.

After about 5 times of this, the final fix* was that I went into the DM and disabled all my other Audio Devices (the built-in High Definition, S/PDIF and NVIDIA). :shock:

It's been about 2 weeks now without a single incident. ;)

I run every sound thru my FP10... YouTube, Recording, my mp3 mixdowns, Mixing sessions, etc.
So I am very happy now - because I thought for sure that my 10 year old AI had died and I needed a new one.

* found solution by online research.

Please add your System-Gear-Info to your Profile here.
-S1 Pro 5.5.2. Win11 Pro 22H2. Behringer UMC404HD. Melodyne Studio 5.3.1.018.
-MSI 12th Gen i7, 16GB, 1GB SSD x2, 7200rpm 2TB HD, NVIDIA RTX 3060.
-EZD3 & EZD2. Helix Native, Scuffham S-Gear. iZotope Ozone 5.
-Akai MPK249. 6 Guitars. Line 6 Helix LT, 2 POD's & an E-bow. 8-)
-Adam Audio T8V's. Dual 28" ViewSonic Displays. Rode NT1. SM58. Original Faderport.

-Just My Songs
-My Previous Band: 2GUYZINABASEMENT

5 posts
Page 1 of 1