OS Windows 10 Home
Version 10.0.16299 Build 16299
Inspiron 5558
x64-based
Intel Core i7-5500U CPU @ 2.40GHz, 2401 mhz, 2 Chors, 4 Logic Processors
16gb memory
Studio One
Microphone: Samson USB C01U

So, first off I'll apologise in advance if this is already covered somewhere. I've scoured the boards but can't find anything, but then again I'm not sure what I'm looking for. This is my first proper attempt at using DAWs so there's going to be growing pains.

When I set up my audio device and tracks to record, I set them to what I assume provides me the lowest latency, and when I record the first track it works fine. There is a small amount of latency but it's not enough to throw me or the recording off.
When I record the second or third track there is a noticable increase in latency, despite my settings and use of the Low Latency Monitoring option.
Apologies if this is a relatively easy fix, or simply a pc that can't handle the requirements, thanks for your time anyway.
setup 1.png

setup 4.png

setup 2.png

setup 3.png
by jpettit on Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:22 pm
You have not so good latency with your Windows Driver for the built-in audio.
20 ms
Try opening the audio device in the OS and setting it as low as possible.

My Website, Free Studio One Advance Training
SPECS: Win 11 23H2, 18 Core i9: 32Gb DDR4 ram, 42" 4K monitor, StudioLive 24/16, Faderport16, Central Station Plus, Sceptre 6, Sceptre 8, Temblor T10, Eris 4.5, HP60, Studio One Pro latest, Test Platforms Reaper latest, Cakewalk latest

2 posts
Page 1 of 1