3 posts
Page 1 of 1
Warning: I am learning Studio One as my first ever DAW. Thank you for all your help in advance.

I recorded a bass guitar and a six string guitar with a click track and I think the main track set to 125 bmp. When I add an instrument track (with the intention of adding drums through studio one) the timing of the instrument is off.

I have uploaded a picture of my problem - you can see that the measure bars for the instrument do not line up with the measure bars of the main track. This means that the drums are operating on a different tempo than the main track.

I did not set this intentionally, and right now I am primarily interested on simply getting them to match as a continue to learn the software. Thanks again!

https://imgur.com/a/YRSkH
by johnbedggood on Thu Jan 04, 2018 10:30 am
Hi there,

Everything looks fine but I can see the reason why there may be some confusion.

Explanation
    Take a look at the top of Arrangement window and you will see you have the timebase set to "Bars".
    Then in the Editor window, where you are looking at track 3. Notice that the editor timebase is set to "Frames".
    You just need to set the Editor timebase to display the track in "Bars" not "Frames"

I am guessing you are going to add drums using the Editor. Good luck.

John B

Win 7 64-bit, 4 Core i7: 16Gb DDR3 ram, Dual 20" LCD monitors
Audiobox 1818VSL, DigiMax D8, Central Station Plus, Faderport, Sceptre S8, Avantone Pro Mixcubes, Eureka Preamp (5 of),
Studio One Pro 3.5.4, Notion 6, PreSonus Symphonic Orchestra, Superior Drummer 2, CTC-1, Channel Strip Collection, Melodyne Studio 4.1, Waves Plugins
by jpettit on Thu Jan 04, 2018 1:04 pm
You make the stretch settings per track in the inspector.

My Website, Free Studio One Advance Training
SPECS: Win 11 23H2, 18 Core i9: 32Gb DDR4 ram, 42" 4K monitor, StudioLive 24/16, Faderport16, Central Station Plus, Sceptre 6, Sceptre 8, Temblor T10, Eris 4.5, HP60, Studio One Pro latest, Test Platforms Reaper latest, Cakewalk latest

3 posts
Page 1 of 1