2 posts
Page 1 of 1
I was playing Runescape on one monitor when I started tinkering with S1 Demo on the other - noticed that when S1 started, the audio for the game disappeared - OK fair enough, though it would be nice to have both. I was actually just on the Start Page and went no further. When I then shut down S1, the game never got audio back - indeed I had to shut the game down and restart to regain game audio. :roll:

I discovered to Release Audio Device in Background setting, so I tried enabling that - it made no difference, as soon as S1 was run, game audio stopped and could only be regained after S1 was shutdown by shutting the game down as well. :(

It wasn't even a case of the audio coming from the monitor I last clicked on, which would have been OK.

...said Halo

Studio One Pro v4.6.2 / v5.5.2 / v6.6
Serum, Diva, Synthmaster, MTron Pro, Kontakt 6/7, Cherry Audio synths, Battery 4 etc ad nauseam

3XS SQ170 Music Studio PC
Windows 10 x64 (22H2)
i7 8700 Hexcore 3.2GHz, 16GB, 2TB 970 EVO+ M.2 NVMe SSD + 1TB SATA HD
Scarlett 2i4 (G2), Korg Taktile 25, Faderport 2018, Maschine 3

Beyerdynamic DT990 Pros, JBL 305P II speakers
by jpettit on Sat Dec 09, 2017 11:14 am
Yes, S1 grabs exlusive control of the audio device it is configured for at boot up.
It also assumes the last sample rate and bit rate and buffers used by S1.

It releases this back on shutdown, but most often you see this if its song defaults are different than your OS audio that is currently being used.

My Website, Free Studio One Advance Training
SPECS: Win 11 23H2, 18 Core i9: 32Gb DDR4 ram, 42" 4K monitor, StudioLive 24/16, Faderport16, Central Station Plus, Sceptre 6, Sceptre 8, Temblor T10, Eris 4.5, HP60, Studio One Pro latest, Test Platforms Reaper latest, Cakewalk latest

2 posts
Page 1 of 1