11 posts
Page 1 of 1
I downloaded and installed Studio One Prime on my computer, but when I open it I get stuck on a blank screen with the menu bar and nothing else.

I tried to uninstall and install it over again, but it didn't work. Still getting the same blank screen.

Has anyone experienced the same problem? What might be causing this?

I am running Studio One on a Windows 10 Dell laptop.
by matthewgorman on Thu Nov 30, 2017 2:53 pm
First thing I would do would be to look for a video driver update possibly. Tell us more about the laptop.

Matt

Lenovo ThinkServer TS140 Win 10 64bit, 8GB RAM, Intel Xeon
Lenovo Thinkpad E520, Windows 7 64bit, 8 GB RAM, Intel i5 Processor

S1Pro V5
by rafaellima3 on Thu Nov 30, 2017 3:13 pm
My laptop is a Dell Inspiron 15. It has an Intel i7-6500 processor, 8GB RAM and a NVIDIA Geforce 930M graphics card.

My screen is configured for Full HD resolution (1920 x 1080). Do you think it has something to do with this problem?

I attached an image of the blank screen I'm getting.

In the meantime I'll try updating my video driver.
Last edited by rafaellima3 on Fri Dec 01, 2017 7:56 am, edited 2 times in total.
by matthewgorman on Thu Nov 30, 2017 3:29 pm
NVIDIA Geforce 930M graphics card.

These can be quirky.What you want to do is go to the manufacturer's website for the laptop, and download the latest video driver for your system. Doing it through windows may not come up with a better one. The PC manufacturer driver updates are better, because many PC makers will tweak drivers to play better on your system as they have it configured.

Matt

S1Pro V5
by rafaellima3 on Thu Nov 30, 2017 4:09 pm
I have just finished updating my video drivers, but I'm still getting the same blank screen. I downloaded the drivers directly from Dell's website. I also uninstalled and reinstalled Studio One Prime, but the problem persists.

Apparently some other users are experiencing the same problem. Look what I found in another discussion topic:

(...)Updated to 3.5.2 and after it all I get when opening the DAW is a huge white screen with the menu on top, something related to the GUI. Anyone else experiencing this?

Here's the link to the topic:
https://forums.presonus.com/viewtopic.php?f=151&t=27074&p=150547&hilit=white+screen#p150547

No solution was provided to this problem. I would note that the two users reporting the same problem I'm having are Brazilian. I am also Brazilian. Would this be a issue related to the Brazilian version of Windows 10, or maybe related to Studio One's language or locale configurations?
by matthewgorman on Thu Nov 30, 2017 6:26 pm
One of the users in that thread did file a ticket. I am waiting to see if there was a fix for that.

Interesting point about all being from Brazil. I wouldn't rule it out at this point. This is the first I am seeing this problem.

Matt

S1Pro V5
by matthewgorman on Thu Nov 30, 2017 8:19 pm

Matt

S1Pro V5
by rafaellima3 on Fri Dec 01, 2017 7:45 am
Hello Matt, thanks again for your assistance. However, none of the recommendations in that topic worked for me. Next is a list of all I tried:

1 - Standard uninstal and reinstall
2 - Uninstall, delete folders, lower my UAC settings and then reinstall
3 - Uninstall and then reinstall to a completely different folder (I installed Studio One to C:\Temp")

My guess is that it might have something to do with some internal folder configurantion in Studio One code. Someone must have hardcoded the folder "C:\Program Files\Presonus\Studio One 3" while programming the software. When I install it to Windows 10 with Brazillian locale settings, the software files are copied to "C:\Arquivos de Programas\Presonus\Studio One 3".
by matthewgorman on Fri Dec 01, 2017 10:02 am
That fix was not a 100% fix, as you can see. They are still digging in to it. It does have something to do with the Portuguese language pack. Fix may have to come from Microsoft, but we are still checking. I'll report back here when I hear anything,

Matt

S1Pro V5
by rafaellima3 on Fri Dec 01, 2017 10:16 am
Thanks! Let me know as soon as you have any updates.
by marcelodaluz on Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:11 am
I have the same problem. Its very frustate. I followed the guideline wrote by Fernando and change the language from portuguese to english, but dindnt not solve. Some times the white screen in a submenu for exemple happens, like this print screen.

[img][img]https://s14.postimg.org/4ol4s36z1/print_studio_one_blank_sceen_menu.png[/img][/img]

11 posts
Page 1 of 1