3 posts
Page 1 of 1
Relatively beginner user of S1 Prime , transitioning from Logic on my laptop to my desktop. I have had a recurring issue while S1 is open, apparently regardless of whether or not I'm recording or playing, about every 3-7 minutes all usb devices will be disabled and S1 will hang for about a second. Sometimes they will be recognized and regain functionality, other times I'll have to do a full system restart or manage the devices directly in device manager.

Studio One Prime, latest version (has occurred with older versions)
Alesis V61 Keyboard
Behringer 1204 usb mixing board (guitar and vocals)
Windows 10
Asus x99 Strix Motherboard

I don't know if this is a problem for others as I've found no other information, that being said I also do not know what information is relevant for solving this issue. If there is anything else you may need to know I can provide it. I just want to be able to work without being inturruped every 5 minutes... Thanks in advance!
by matthewgorman on Wed Sep 06, 2017 6:02 am
Make sure there are no power saving settings on for the USB ports on your PC.

Matt

Lenovo ThinkServer TS140 Win 10 64bit, 8GB RAM, Intel Xeon
Lenovo Thinkpad E520, Windows 7 64bit, 8 GB RAM, Intel i5 Processor

S1Pro V5
by nicolasfalcon on Thu Sep 07, 2017 11:00 am
This is exactly what it's happening to me!! And still, I haven't found a solution! :(
Makes me wonder if it's something related to Studio One prime version...

I don't know if this might be helpful to you, but try to look up for any USB-MIDI driver updates at your keyboards website. I looked up for mine (Yamaha), and now I am able to use Studio One without interruptions as long as I am pressing keys from the keyboard. If I don’t press any keys in a period of around 10 minutes, Studio One will disable all USB devices again! (so frustrating!)
If I find another solution I’ll post it around here.

Still I will like to kindly ask to the most experienced users if there might be another way of connecting our devices to the computer or what might possible be done to correct this.
Thank you in advance.

Desktop (PC)
Windows 10 (64 bits)
Intel Core Duo i5 7400 @ 3.00 GHz
Memory(RAM): 16 GB
HD: 931GB
Studio One Professional
Yamaha YPT 330
M-Audio keystation 61 MK3
Korg padKontrol
AudioBox 96
Presonus Eris E3.5