3 posts
Page 1 of 1
Hello everyone,

I am having some issues regarding USB hubs for providing connections for my windows laptop.

I read a couple of interesting comments and concerns here https://forums.presonus.com/viewtopic.php?f=213&t=17946 but didn't saw anything similar to what is happening to me so I thought I might ask.

So here it goes:

My laptop only has 01 working USB port, which I plugged a none powered hub with 04 ports.
I was using this hub for providing connection for my Yamaha YPT 330 and my mouse to the computer. Up until the very first beginning everything was great and I thought I nailed it until suddenly, a couple of minutes later my Yamaha or either my mouse ended up being disconnected randomly.

I noticed that the USB hub cable was extremely hot so I unplugged it and tried a powered hub with 04 ports but still, it didn't work for allowing both items to work at the same time. So, I am having to choose either the Yamaha or the mouse to work separetly and it's starting to become a bit annoying to unplug and plug cables.

Does anybody has any sort of advice? thank you very much in advance.
PS: I know this doesn't has anything to do with StudioOne - software, so it's fine if the moderators want to delete of move this topic.

Desktop (PC)
Windows 10 (64 bits)
Intel Core Duo i5 7400 @ 3.00 GHz
Memory(RAM): 16 GB
HD: 931GB
Studio One Professional
Yamaha YPT 330
M-Audio keystation 61 MK3
Korg padKontrol
AudioBox 96
Presonus Eris E3.5
Shure SM7B
by nicolasfalcon on Fri Sep 01, 2017 9:19 pm
I got the solution trying out some stuff here. :XD:

The answer is indeed using a powered hub.
I just needed to make sure that one port from each item was connected to a port/entrance opposite between each other. (my power hub has 08 entrances, being 04 on the front and 04 on the back).
Therefore I plugged the mouse on 01 port on the front of the hub and the Yamaha on 01 port at the back of the hub.

Since I cannot delete the topic I am posting my solution here in case it might be handy to anybody. :thumbup:
Cheers.

Desktop (PC)
Windows 10 (64 bits)
Studio One Professional
Yamaha YPT 330
Korg padKontrol
AudioBox 96
Presonus Eris E3.5
Shure SM7B
by nicolasfalcon on Sat Sep 02, 2017 12:45 pm
Guys, it appears that indeed I am having some trouble. :cry:

I don't know what's going on, but I can't get my Yamaha to work properly. It works for about some minutes of recording but soon after it won't send any MIDI signals anymore, and now it has faded completly.

I've tried plugging the keyboard directly to the USB port from the laptop and still won't work.
I tried restarting the computer and still nothing.
Studio One is showing my Yamaha as connected (attached pic), so I don't know what's happening.

Any advice will be more than appreciated.
Thank you in advance.

Desktop (PC)
Windows 10 (64 bits)
Studio One Professional
Yamaha YPT 330
Korg padKontrol
AudioBox 96
Presonus Eris E3.5