8 posts
Page 1 of 1
I want to enlarge / resize the end of an event to the cursor position.
Is this somehow possible to achieve?

Cheers,

Stevie
by sirmonkey on Fri Jul 21, 2017 9:18 pm
So the cursor is after the event on the timeline, right?
If you want to do what I think, you can use "Zoom To Selection". What you can do is use the "rectangle" selection tool, and drag a selection area starting from the cursor, extending to the part of the event that you need. Then just hit Alt+S. To zoom back out, just hit Alt+S again.
* To zoom in horizontally and vertically, hit SHIFT+S instead of Alt+S.

Atari 5200, 64K RAM S1PRO Radio Shack Cassette Recorder w/internal Mic, and too many plugins.
by _Stevie_ on Sat Jul 22, 2017 3:08 am
Hey Sirmonkey!

That's right, I can do it manually. But I wanted to ask, if there is a way to automate that.
Let me show an example how I do it in Cubase:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ohm9i9mtr5rqg ... t.gif?dl=0

That's a macro that will enlarge the the part by 2 times and then cut it at the position cursor.
Is that possible in S1 somehow?
by sirmonkey on Sat Jul 22, 2017 8:56 pm
It looks like you dragged a midi clip to a track, and the original midi clip (that was already in the track) extends itself to the beginning of the newly inserted clip. Is that what's going on?

Atari 5200, 64K RAM S1PRO Radio Shack Cassette Recorder w/internal Mic, and too many plugins.
by _Stevie_ on Sat Jul 22, 2017 8:58 pm
No not quite, sorry for not documenting that correctly.
The size of the part is doubled and gets cut at the position cursor.
I then delete the left over part at the right side.

I mainly use this for scoring to picture, where a part has to end at a specific timecode.
by _Stevie_ on Sun Jul 30, 2017 8:30 am
It's possible now with Studio One X! It's called "extend to cursor".
by sirmonkey on Sun Jul 30, 2017 7:34 pm
_Stevie_ wroteIt's possible now with Studio One X! It's called "extend to cursor".

Glad to hear that! I've browsed a few posts about Studio One X, and I'm intrigued with it.

I'm nowhere close to learning all the bells and whistles of many plugins I have, and Studio One itself. So I have held off on Studio One X so far... but now I'm a bit closer to grabbing it.

On a bit of a tangent, I went to the download page, which had a whole bunch of indexed download files. Any advice on how to figure out which one(s) to load?

by _Stevie_ on Sun Jul 30, 2017 7:37 pm
Get the latest release:
http://forums.narechk.net/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=25

You have to register to the forums to be able to download. No biggie, though ;)

8 posts
Page 1 of 1